• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

united arrows

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is BoO conscious, but I picked up a united arrows (japanese peasant label) beauty and youth shirt last season at Opening Ceremony and it fits better and cheaper. Discuss.

wiru

Reaction score
Sorry but Bo0 is the only shirt ever made that looks good.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think rach2jlc has some United Arrows stuff.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ill go check this first hand. Personally I dont like how high cut the bottom sides of BoO button ups are.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have tons of UA stuff; I love that store and I don't think we have a "niche" level like it in the USA. The only thing I can think of that might be close would be Bergdorf or Barney's house labels, but UA blows them out of the water all around for selection, style, especially fit, etc. They also do a great, simple, accessories collection with no logos...

Typically, in the USA, we tend to have overpriced designer stuff and then crappy low-end department store garbage. UA, Beams, Ships, etc. sort of fill an in-between niche of stuff... it's more expensive than department store, but less than designer. It also pays attention to seasonal trends, but reproduces them with slight twists and at very good quality levels... so it's heads and tails above Zara, H&M, etc. UA also does lots of neat collaborations with European and American companies.

The "Beauty and Youth" line is slightly cheaper and trendier than the regular UA mainline.

I've only been to the stores in Japan, so I don't know if the stuff here is the same, only imported. Nevertheless, anybody going on a trip to Tokyo would be wise to hit up one of the larger UA stores.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig Beams as well, Ships I have only really gone into a few times. Their astetic would probably get SF approval、but I find it a bit boring, quality is very good though. United Arrows Green Label has pretty decent prices and some pretty nice stuff. I bought some funky ass socks there in the past.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
I dig Beams as well, Ships I have only really gone into a few times. Their astetic would probably get SF approval、but I find it a bit boring, quality is very good though. United Arrows Green Label has pretty decent prices and some pretty nice stuff. I bought some funky ass socks there in the past.
+1 on ships; it tends to be a little more conservative, IMHO. Beams I really liked for sheer diversity of stuff, especially their "International Gallery Beams," which often does collaborations and stuff on great leather items, jackets, coats, etc. As well, for others who might start looking for UA stuff, keep in mind that there are LOTs of different lines at different price points, for different customers, quality levels, etc. "Beauty and Youth," Green label, and half a dozen other labels, besides the original "United Arrows" label itself. I plan on hitting up UA and Beams in July during the sales to pick up some stuff, though with the high yen and the abysmal dollar... probably not much.
frown.gif
EDIT: Just thought of another japan-brand like the above that I really like, Nano-Universe.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on the opening ceremony site beauty and youth shirts are like 290. that is more than band.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
on the opening ceremony site beauty and youth shirts are like 290. that is more than band.
Damn, that's high. They're WAAAAY less than that in Japan. Seeing the prices on the Opening ceremony site, it's almost like they are just making the prices up as they go along. $365 for pants? $600 for a jacket? Gimme a break... EDIT: Just found some shirts on their Japanese webpage; as I thought... about 11K yen ($105-120). http://www.beautyandyouth.jp/newarri...090115_11.html http://zozo.jp/_search/search_result...dstk=1&dord=32

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to Japan next month, def going to ask him to get me some stuff from United Arrows.

Thanks for the zozo link, it's a lot easier to navigate than the UA website.

EDIT: Goddamn, been browsing the zozo site and I could wear only Beams for the rest of my life and be happy.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guess i forgot how much it cost in the US, i got it from them for 50% off. so it was barely $100. Basically it's slightly less fitted, fits a bit longer, and i don't feel bad machine washing it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads