UNIS, any info on this brand?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Nov 3, 2007.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

American rag was carrying it also I forgot to mention, don't know if they picked it up again but all their fucking dirty ass hipster customers obviously aren't into it. I'm sure you could have made a killing last season.

2. Kabuki Danshi

Kabuki Danshi Active Member

saw some UNIS denim at Barneys on 60th and 6 ave yesterday in Manhattan. Didnt really like em tbh but thats just me and im into flashy jeans like evisu and red monkey company

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

American rag was carrying it also I forgot to mention, don't know if they picked it up again but all their fucking dirty ass hipster customers obviously aren't into it. I'm sure you could have made a killing last season.

You were hurt pretty bad by a hipster girl, huh?

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

You were hurt pretty bad by a hipster girl, huh?
    Girl?

5. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Funny what she says about the sale sinking once the girlfriend wrinkles her nose. Sometimes I end up selling to the woman while the guy just stands there helplessly.
    Great stuff, this UNIS. Must check it out when I go to New York.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Funny what she says about the sale sinking once the girlfriend wrinkles her nose. Sometimes I end up selling to the woman while the guy just stands there helplessly.
    Great stuff, this UNIS. Must check it out when I go to New York.

Yeah. It's pretty easy to find, actually. Just off Broadway a few blocks on Elizabeth Street, on the east side. It's a pretty nice little store. Really airy, with a apple green on light cream interior. I imagine that Bloomingdales Soho carries the line as well.

7. Homme

Homme Senior member

I actually really liked her raw jeans as well (this was before the raw jean trend) which were very straightforward, with minimal details and a flat dark indigo color. Not sure if those are still made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIS-Blue-Cotton...QQcmdZViewItem ?

8. Kabuki Danshi

Kabuki Danshi Active Member

Yeah. It's pretty easy to find, actually. Just off Broadway a few blocks on Elizabeth Street, on the east side. It's a pretty nice little store. Really airy, with a apple green on light cream interior. I imagine that Bloomingdales Soho carries the line as well.

and so does barneys

9. titojackson

titojackson Well-Known Member

does anyone know if all their pants are tapered like the ones on their website? I'm sure the raw denim is, but now there is a pair of herringbone trousers on ebay that look pretty good as well.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The khakis I picked up from Unis are really slim legged. Not tight but def a very slim fit through the hip and down to ankle.

*took a look at the herringbone ones on ebay....they seem more relaxed thru the leg than my khakis. The herringbones are 8.5" wide across hem, mine are 7.5" wide, but the ebay ones are a 31 waist, mine are 30 (but still 1" is a big difference across the hem for 1" waist difference). Good BIN price tho, I would jump on those if they appeal to you at all

11. Souper

Souper Senior member

checked out the store for the first time today, lots was on sale. Jeans and pants looked super slim. Had a kickass black coated military jacket @ 350 after sale. Also a slim black bomber style jacket with a zipout hood. Broke as hell, bought me some uniqlo instead...

I am not fashion-literate enough to describe the line in relevant terms, but the design looked pretty solid and the pricepoint not all too bad. Did not scrutinize quality or country of origin. Good to know that this stuff goes on sale, and that some cooler items (like the military jacket) actually make it to the sale.

12. ghettogoody

ghettogoody New Member

Does anyone know how the Unis raw denim fits? I'm wondering if it is similar to APC (aka should I size down to a 30 if I normally wear a 31/32?).

13. aerether

aerether Senior member

lol, good (and true) observation. I have known of quite a few Korean girls named Grace, esp.

I must have met a million "Eunice Lee"s in my childhood...

I think one of them is actually one of my friend's older sister. Oh god the confusion.

14. Souper

Souper Senior member

sample sale on now. Copped some neat stuff

Cream khakis + ridiculously soft herringbone tweed db military overcoat

EDIT: I got the herringbone coat mentioned in the OP. It's a sample from fw2007, with no tagged size and a different inner label than usual. Kinda cool

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Hopefully it'll last until this weekend. Fok and I are swinging by this weekend.