• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNIS, any info on this brand?

Rincon

Reaction score
Easy way to adjust the waistband? It's no easier or harder than on a pair from Epaulet---just take it to your tailor. The goodness of fit is entirely personal preference. I have trousers from Unis, Epaulet, and Howard Yount. I'm not sure there's anything to recommend any of them over the others besides your personal preference for fit, fabrics, and details.

Gios don't have a split waist band or any allowance for increasing waist.

I don't expect a fashion chino to have it at a $100 price point but I do at higher price points.

Fit is nice on Gio's but I'd expect anyone posting on this forum to have a good relationship with their tailor and as long as the rise and the seat look good you can always taper the legs of another brand a bit to achieve the same.

RuffyD

Reaction score
You can probably pick up Unis for under $100 when they go on sale.
I picked up a pair of gios in vintage khaki earlier this year for $75 (think it was around $125 including shipping to Hong Kong).

xander_horst

Reaction score
I can't speak to the tailoring aspect with Gios, as I've only ever had them hemmed, but I find the front rise on Gios a lot more comfortable than a Epaulet Chino.

arahat

Reaction score
Adjusting the fit of just about any trousers may get you your ideal fit. However it will be rather costly and an added step that requires time and effort on top of having ready access to a competent tailor.

The fabric of UNIS are I feel superior to the alternative. If you look at the seams of certain chinos popular here especially against the light, you'll see the 'flimsiness' of construction.

I far prefer the fit of UNIS than her competitors.

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, I just got measurements from Unis and it seems there has been a change in the regular Gio sizing. I remember reading these ran pretty true to size but they're now vanity sized by 2".

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Doesn't Unis usually go on sale at the end of August for their Gios?

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
They are onsale now. Also Unis New York redesigned their shop with the help of Makr, the shop looks very clean.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
They are onsale now. Also Unis New York redesigned their shop with the help of Makr, the shop looks very clean.

Only some of them are on sale. Usually Unis has all the Gios on sale at one point.

junglcmndo

Reaction score
Thanks for checking with us. Measurements for the Gio Skinny are below:

Size 27:
Waist: 29.5"
Thigh: 22"
Knee (14" below crotch): 14.75"
Leg Opening: 14"
Inseam: 35"

Size 28:
Waist: 30
Thigh: 22.5"
Knee (14" below crotch): 15"

Size 29:
Waist: 31
Thigh: 23.25"
Knee (14" below crotch): 15.25"

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Anyone know how the Unis Felix shirts fit in comparison to GBV? Or in general, anyone know how they fit? Is the fabric thick or soft?

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for belts that would go well with a Gio in Olive? Have a pair of Corter belts, in black and natural leather, but I'm finding the buckle is too large for a chino, too much metal. Would like some other suggestions.

lyxicon

Reaction score
Could provide the precise measurement method as well? For example, is the waist measured flat and doubled? And is the thigh measured from the crotch seam to the outer edge?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads