• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNIS, any info on this brand?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
a quick google brings up a store in Nolita, NYC.....designed in NYC and made in Italy

226 Elizabeth St
New York, NY 10012
Phone: (212) 431-5533

Saw a rack of their stuff at Bloomingdales today and was really really into it.

Very "american styled clothes that look designed/interpreted by a European". Buttondown shirts a la Band of Outsiders, Khakis, peacoat, herrinbone coat, plaid quilted harrington style jacket, cardigans, sweaters, black waxed jeans, raw indigo jeans.

Everything is slim fitting with good materials.

Anyone have any other info on this brand?

Picked up 2 buttondown shirts in size Small (small collars, fitted tho I will take it in a tad more in the stomach, small cuffs, mother of pearl buttons, nice stripe and checked fabrics) and a pair of their khakis which ARE THE KHAKIS I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! Really nicely cut with a true slim fit and nice cotton twill fabric and buttonfly with wooden buttons. All of it 40% off right now at Bloomingdales. Shirts range from $150 (white oxford) to $225 (striped/checked) and the khakis were $185. About $600 worth of **** for $350 with the sale price.

Havent been this into a new brand since BoO

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw a pair of unis jeans yesterday at sugarcube. they looked nice and surprisingly not as expensive as i thought.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I love Unis. Check some of my old posts for some more info. In any case, Eunice Lee is really nice too, although the wordplay on her name is sort of lame, although Unis is a really neat name in and of itself. She has a site www.unisnewyork.com , and her boutique is an establishment on Elizabeth St., and sort of a "hipster-in-the-know" staple, and just closed for a year or two back in 2004 or something while she restructured. I don't know about now, but she used to hang at the store.

She does really nice outerwear - great interpretations of military jackets - I have a M65 which is terrific, but which sees little use because the color is not good for me. Her real piece de resistance in outerwear is a short (a few inches over the knee) wool overcoat. I actually really liked her raw jeans as well (this was before the raw jean trend) which were very straightforward, with minimal details and a flat dark indigo color. Not sure if those are still made.

Most of her stuff is Made in China, but with her really solid outerwear in the $300 range, and jeans under $150 (or at least, those were the prices) really worth the money.

Edit: I guess that she upscaled her operation. I didn't realize that she had moved her manufacturing to Italy. Good for her. In any case, really good cuts, especially in jackets and outerwear. She was doing narrow, short jackets and slim shirts way before Band of Outsiders was a twinkle in some skinny dude's eye.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks Fok, ok I totally remember you talking about Unis (Eunice) a couple years ago. Their current line (at least the stuff I saw on racks) is all made in Italy, not China.

Great gear, definitely on top of my radar of brands to look for. I don't think there was a single piece at Bloomies that I wouldnt buy from Unis.

Really love the buttondown collars....exactly the way I'd make them myself. Small collar with a slightly rounded point, no fusing very soft and casual. Unlike their contemporaries in the $150-200 shirt range, they use quality MoP buttons and not plastic.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I read an article on her store in Mens Vogue? a while back and liked what I heard. Sounded like very wearable stuff to me. I plan in visiting her store the next time I am in New York.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I read an article on her store in Mens Vogue? a while back and liked what I heard. Sounded like very wearable stuff to me. I plan in visiting her store the next time I am in New York.

yep everything was very wearable. minimal styling, simple and clean. Nothing that screamed 'fashiony'. Prices on the high-mid range side, similar to APC in pricepoint and even aesthetics. I will def be checking her store out in NYC next time.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
I would agree that the clothes look nice, but I question the price point for made in china garments (every piece of clothng I looked at was made in China....not sure where you got Italy). I don't question the quality, but the pricing is quite high. This season's outerwear is $800-$1000 and basic wool sweaters are $200+. This is as of last week in the store on Elizabeth St. Perhaps there is a different/larger selection at Elizabeth St. than there is at Bloomingdales.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fred Segal Man carries it, it's great stuff I don't know where you been foo.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^^ well ****, guess I'd better tape the slanteyes wider open when I'm in Fred Segal

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Haha, she has one of those typical Korean American first names for girls, like Grace or Esther. Where do the parents get these names? Anyway ... dig the clothes, a bit above my price range. I'm po' : (

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Haha, she has one of those typical Korean American first names for girls, like Grace or Esther. Where do the parents get these names?

lol, good (and true) observation. I have known of quite a few Korean girls named Grace, esp.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
quick pic of the 2 buttondowns

unisshirtsjo7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads