• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unique Birthday Party Venues- DC?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have about 6 months but I'm looking for a unique space to host about 50-75 friends on my birthday.

So far I'm leaning towards a certain retail space in Georgetown but I'm welcoming other ideas.

What say ye?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you want to rent out an entire facility, or will a room or two in a large building be okay? If the latter works, the Maison Biltmore in Adams Morgan is a pretty cool space.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're definitely going to want to hire a hypnotist/sleight of hand magician.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
For a lounge/bar L2 is awesome.

Thanks I'll look into it

Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Do you want to rent out an entire facility, or will a room or two in a large building be okay? If the latter works, the Maison Biltmore in Adams Morgan is a pretty cool space.

It can be a smaller space in a larger facility...the Maison Biltmore is on my lists of places to check out. Thanks
smile.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician

ahem.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister and her husband hired a magician to go from table to table at their wedding reception performing tricks. He was a hit.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Laser tag is pretty sweet, and a lot of the time they will have a party room that that you can use.
Not quite THAT unique, thanks
lol8[1].gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We know a couple in the Bay Area ... and each year the male of this couple throws an outstanding birthday bash. While the venues are specific to the Bay Area ... perhaps you can translate into something local.

1) My favorite was a slumber party at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We arrived as the Aquarium closed to the public. Tracy Jardine of San Francisco was brought in to cook dinner. Afterward staff gave us a private tour of the facility. At midnight the staff said goodnight, the doors were locked, and we were alone to wander the public areas. When time came to call it a night ... we pitched our sleeping bags; I camped out in front of the big window of one of the better tanks. The next morning the chef from the restaurant at the Getty in LA came in to cook breakfast. As the Aquarium opened to the public ... we said our goodbyes.

2) A two hour tour of Runnymede Sculpture Farm ... a private sculpture garden south of San Francisco. Afterward we enjoyed a catered picnic lunch on the grounds.

3) Paella on Carmel Beach ... table for 40. Afterward ... a bonfire and nightcaps.

4) Private tour of the Scharffen BergerChocolate Factory ... followed by a catered lunch with -- naturally -- a chocolate dessert.

5) Catered lunch in a network TV newsroom ... hosted by a favored reporter.

6) Private tour of the Paramount Theatre (art deco) in Oakland ... followed by a lunch at nearby bistro.

7) Tour of a local vineyard by a truly outstanding guide. He offered information that even the few true oenophiles among us knew ... and had us all riveted to his every word. Luch followed ... set in the cave.

As I recall more ... I'll return to update.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RSS- Those are amazing ideas! Thanks so much for posting. Holy moly someone has quite the imagination...I'll be dreaming about a night in the aquarium I'm sure
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

how come coutts' not considering this is beyond me. this is a damn great idea!!!

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
how come coutts' not considering this is beyond me. this is a damn great idea!!!
Just not sure how that would fit in with the rest of the night's activities...whatever they end up being.
biggrin.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Just not sure how that would fit in with the rest of the night's activities...whatever they end up being.
biggrin.gif

It makes a great opener for the strippers. Like an old school cabaret sort of thing.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Including this Magician I only know 3 magicians. 1 is very well off. He does a lot of corporate gigs in VA and DC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads