• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo

mert54

Reaction score
Is it worth calling Uniqlo to have them send me stuff across the country in SF? How much would I have to order to make it worthwhile? Has anyone else done this?

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mert54
Is it worth calling Uniqlo to have them send me stuff across the country in SF? How much would I have to order to make it worthwhile? Has anyone else done this?

It very well might be, I love the store. Size down one. I've never odered cross country though I can only attest to the quality and solid design. Like H+M but a bit better imo.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about sizing down for Uniqlo. I found most of their stuff pretty true to size, I actually had to size up 1 for their lambswool sweaters. But then again I was at a Uniqlo in China so maybe Asian sizes run smaller or something.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
I don't know about sizing down for Uniqlo. I found most of their stuff pretty true to size, I actually had to size up 1 for their lambswool sweaters. But then again I was at a Uniqlo in China so maybe Asian sizes run smaller or something.

I was talking about the NYC one, the American sizing has gotten more and more "flattering" every year.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the navy blazer? It's the one thing on the website (which has prices now, unlike before!) that I'm thinking of getting.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything I've had from Uniqlo has been true to size (though fits on the slim side). I've never had any denim from there which may be the exception.

They do mail order from a web site in the UK, so I guess they'd ship from a store if you called.

leonuk

Reaction score
I've had a couple of sets of jeans from them, I like them and they are dirt cheap. However, but they did not last too long :/ I've just picked up a zip hoodie for £10, cheap as hell

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trust me when I say their sizing is all over the place, at least for the tops. I bought a sweater that I had to size up to a small if I ever wanted to wear a t shirt underneath. I bought a OCBD in xs, and even that was too big. Also, I tried on their flannels and in some case, the xxs fit larger than the xs. The jeans, however, are generally true to size but I recommend you size down one anyway.

bjornsen

Reaction score
Uniqlo is the best store ever but the people saying that they don't have a standard sizing scheme are quite right. For slim fits, you'll generally want to size down on just about all tops. The jeans are even weirder. When I went to try on their straight fit selvedge, I was on the verge of sizing down 3-4 to get them tight in the waist, whereas their skinny fits are down one or tts. Good luck.

Yardsale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Anyone tried the navy blazer? It's the one thing on the website (which has prices now, unlike before!) that I'm thinking of getting.

yes i have it, its almost too big for me, even at XS but not terribly so. I'm 5'11" 130lbs
frown.gif

stinger70

Reaction score
I bought the £10 hoodie that they have on the uk site, its pretty nice, im really tall and thin but it fits nice and slim, and for once the sleeves are not too short. I went for size small, 37 chest. Just follow the size guide?

Curious_George

Reaction score
I sized down one on my UVCs and they turned out great. I ordered a flannel and a sweatshirt in small recently and probably should have gone up a size on the flannel since it shrank a bit after washing (still fits okay and all but it's a bit slimmer than I'd prefer and the sleeves are nearly too short).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads