Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Oct 1, 2015.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

How'd you size (assuming you bought it in person)? It looked kinda tiny on the model, so I'm thinking sizing up may be the way to go if I'm able to catch a return or restock.

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Toothsome, or anyone, what was sizing like on the collarless shirt?

3. Aske

Aske Well-Known Member

Anyone have pictures of the shawl blazer? Friend of mine in NYC has it and says it's cut really short, pills easily, and makes you look kinda fat. I've got one on the way so now I'm kinda worried [​IMG]

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

got the collarless shirt in L, I think it's perfect. cav I think you're usually a small? so if you want it to look nice and oversized do M, tts for a just slightly relaxed but fitted look.

I think the shawl blazer is awesome but I could see how someone with less than ideal proportions could find it less flattering. It's a little more advanced, it is a round shape with round details so it's not going to make you look taller or skinnier.

5. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

the quality is not that bad guys, it just feels like uniqlo. it's totally fine but it's not gonna make you go wow!

7. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

Ditto for the cotton jacket, probably the best outerwear piece of the collection I handled at the store. Found an XS among like ten XLs, was happy.

Also, after handling some of the collection at 34st here are my afterthoughts and sizing tips for whatever I managed to find my size in:

Knits: Overall "meh", nothing to be excited about. Seems like they'll pill easily and aren't substantial at all. Really let down by the cardigans and pullovers.
    However, the mocknecks felt quite decent (still want it in an XS tho PM if you have. I'll give you a "finder's fee" on top of what you paid).

-Pullover shawl fits a size small so size up!

-Cashmere turtleneck was really thin, not that great.

Outerwear: Underwhelming for the most part.

-The trenches feel kind of like the typical ones Uniqlo sells, nothing special at all. Boring.

-Duffles had the cheap kind of wool blend that Uniqlo sells for their own mainline. Not interesting at all compared to the +J outerwear, pass on these.

-Cotton Coat with hood, IMO the best piece of the outerwear collection, has really nice thick cotton, a poly-filled removable liner that zips in. Removable hood. Adjustable elastic snaps
    at wrist. A few hidden pockets here and there. Very nice. Fits TTS.

Shirts: Don't bother felt so damn thin and cheap like typical Uniqlo. Fits kind of slimmer than their regular fit but not as slim as slim fit.

Pants: Cashmere/Wool pants were thick and chunky, seems to be warm, didn't get a chance to really try any on since nothing but L-XL were left.

-Tons of sweatpants in like every size left at 34th st. Felt nice, nothing really crazy but decent tapered sweats.

Sadly by the time I got out of work and got there most of the stock was depleted and I didn't get to really try/feel much as else. Hopefully my online orders aren't cancelled and I'll give more thoughts.

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Alleviate your disappointment and go buy mainline Lemaire. I did.

9. eddiec

eddiec Well-Known Member

At these prices that's pretty much what I'm expecting and I'm perfectly okay with that.

10. baklanyc

baklanyc Senior member

I did something similar: I took out my mainline pieces to see if they might mix and work with the U x L and in doing so realized I had mainline versions (and better) of pretty much everything I bought (and will return).

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I removed the sleeves from my mainline lemaire jackets so i can swap them with the sleeves from my uniqlo/lemaire jackets, thereby fully realizing christophe's vision for a democratic everyday garderobe for the modern gentleman

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah. I've been wanting a cream of the yak blend sweaters so I just grabbed one. In sure even if I got one of the efm ones from this collab I wouldn't have been anywhere near satisfied.

On a side note I keep checking eBay just to see if these are going to be resold at stupid prices like the wang x HM (which was all terrible) and so far there's only marginal mark ups (shawl coat for $299 etc, which I guess is still a 50% mark up).

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

yeah, i've seen one shawl coat on ebay so far. let's hope it ends there. for some reason garment-scalping really annoys me

14. baklanyc

baklanyc Senior member

Agreed. I knew I could resell some of the items I have and make a profit, but that doesn't sit well with me either.

15. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

Not many sizes available at the UK online store. As the Oxford St flagship store is closed, that's the only option.

Has anybody seen the boat-neck wool jumper IRL?
    On the website it is listed as green, while the photo shows that it is grey:
    http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/166428#thumbnailSelect