• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kinda hard to get a handle on. seemed like they were kind of unprepared and had just put out a few things in sizes and not all colorways. but i started asking for help and a guy was great about getting me other colors I wanted and sizes that quickly disappeared, so it seems there is some backstock. I did also notice some sales people doing some replenishing. how much there is, I don't know.

if i had to hazard I guess I'd imagine they made this **** in considerable quantities. remember how long +J stuff was round for.

Last edited:

pnewelljr

Reaction score
kinda hard to get a handle on. seemed like they were kind of unprepared and had just put out a few things in sizes and not all colorways. but i started asking for help and a guy was great about getting me other colors I wanted and sizes that quickly disappeared, so it seems there is some backstock. I did also notice some sales people doing some replenishing. how much there is, I don't know.

if i had to hazard I guess I'd imagine they made this **** in considerable quantities. remember how long +J stuff was round for.
If that is true why the heck is online already out of stock?

Benjaminba

Reaction score
NN is right, relaxed trousers are pretty nice, coat drapes quite well but quality is meh

Hm, that's too bad, but guess it's to be expected.. Just tried on the Acne 'Charles' coat in wool/cashmere so will probably feel very disappointing in comparison, but it's 4 times the prices. Will see when it arrives.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If that is true why the heck is online already out of stock?

I would be shocked if online stock stays sold out forever after less than 24 hours of sales. that would be insane/marsupialed. this is uniqlo we're talking about here. even if they did for some bizarre reason only allocate a small amount of stock for online they would replenish it because they have the capability to make more money pretty easily.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw did any dudes try on the women's wide leg pants? I would guess that the crotch would be too short to accomodate a male body but i might try on larger sizes just to see.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
I would be shocked if online stock stays sold out forever after less than 24 hours of sales. that would be insane/marsupialed. this is uniqlo we're talking about here. even if they did for some bizarre reason only allocate a small amount of stock for online they would replenish it because they have the capability to make more money pretty easily.
I don't know about that. My wife was really interested in the Ines collection for women and while the previous two stuck around for a while, this latest collection sold out instantly and was never restocked.

I think the main emphasis of these collaborations are to drive awareness of the Uniqlo brand as well as to help Lemaire extend his reach and not to make a huge profit. Probably because if Uniqlo continued to restock these items, they wouldn't move a lot of their main inventory (which is most likely where they make their biggest profits as they wouldn't have to split the revenue with a collaborator) and it might start to dilute Lemaire's mainline.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that there is a restock because if I like the pieces I got, it would be nice to grab a couple more.

Side note: Does anyone have a fit pic in the trench?

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, I think you're overestimating the way these collaborations work, the revenue is not split like that. probably lemaire was payed a flat rate and then will get a tiny tiny percent of sales, if at all. possibly not. the audience for this collab is also comparatively very small, so it's not really taking away from uniqlo's overall sales. it's possible lemaire asked for a cap on quantities to stave off brand dilution but in order to even have the convo with uniqlo that quantities have to be pretty significant.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
eh, I think you're overestimating the way these collaborations work, the revenue is not split like that. probably lemaire was payed a flat rate and then will get a tiny tiny percent of sales, if at all. possibly not. the audience for this collab is also comparatively very small, so it's not really taking away from uniqlo's overall sales. it's possible lemaire asked for a cap on quantities to stave off brand dilution but in order to even have the convo with uniqlo that quantities have to be pretty significant.
True.

One thing that I have noticed with this collab and the last Ines one is that retail store inventory was really limited to the NY stores, with West Coast stores getting a smaller offering. I wonder if they did this to make sure that their online store had enough inventory to reach more people?

Also, just noticed this:

So looks like you called it!

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is how stock went with the Plokhov collaboration as well.

Small amount went up online > more or less immediately selling out > replenished pretty frequently, but in pretty small quantities

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yeah this is also an ecommerce strategy that I think we're not used to because people here are mostly shopping small boutiques that are rarely buying more than two size runs of a style if not 1 per size, but when quantities are much larger it makes sense to play with the sold out/restock factor

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

btw did any dudes try on the women's wide leg pants? I would guess that the crotch would be too short to accomodate a male body but i might try on larger sizes just to see.

Yip, just picked them up in navy. They are very high waisted with a regular top block. I pulled them down a bit so they have a lower crotch and found they fit nicely. Very much in tune with lemaire ss16 styling.

Last edited:

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NN is right, relaxed trousers are pretty nice, coat drapes quite well but quality is meh

Making me regret not picking up the coat now. Good to hear the quality was ****.
shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics