• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

Moonchild

Reaction score
LOL at the crazies selling the Qlomaire items on eBay France at crazy prices...
Items in various sizes seem to reappear on the Uniqlo online shop now and then, anyway. They're probably getting their first online sales returns... If patient you still can get soemthing interesting (just like the flat front conch-waisted pants I've just ordered today... My size was available again after being sold out)

Moonchild

Reaction score
BTW, i received my (first) Qlomaire order today...
For info : I am 1m75 (5,8¨) , 66 kg (145 ibs), normal / average silouette (not skinny, not athletic nor fat), between size 36 /38 in jackets and 30-31 in trousers

First impression : The "oversize" debate is irrelevant imho, people are overestimating the oversize thing. If you know the Lemaire silhouette and wanna achieve it, I'd say, go TTS straight up. I'm in betwwen sizes (S/M) and I actually bought all items in M ... And they fit nicely (again, for a Lemaire silhouette - slight oversized and not slim-fitting))
BUT... If you have short arms like me, you may need alterations. The sleeves are prettey long That's my only beef sizing wise

I bought :
- The shawl collar coat in greem (size M)
- The shawl collar blazer in green (size M)
- The pleated wool/cashmere trousers (size M)
- The shawl collar textured cardigan with asymetric buttoning (size M)
(yeah i love shwal collars.. lol)

The shawl collar green coat - Well, the color is actually a mix of olive green / brown / grey. definitly different from the "military" khaki green I was expecting. The fabric is thin as others have already mentionned, and it's not lined (besides the sleeve). I know many complained about the thinness of the material, but I actually thinks it's good that way.. the 10% of cashmere may help bring more warmth, and the lightweight gives a good drapey aesthetic. AND last, bit not least, there's not pictures of it closed up to the neck (with the "hidden" button hidden on the collar), but it looks fantastic that way. and another good point is the boxy cut. It allows people to wear thicker sweaters below (I have many chunky sweaters I can't wear in winter because of the slim cut of my other coats)... I keep this one .

(that's not the real sleeves length, I did a "reversed" cuff... will def get them altered. Note the seams line aligned with my shoulders: it is indeed TTS)

The shawl collar blazer in green (size M) - The campaign photos make it look brownish and describe it as "feeling/looking like felt". Both are incorrect. the color is more like a mix of dark grey and olive green, again, neither khaki nor brown and it doesnt feel of look like felt at all. It's actually the worst, quality-wise, of the items l bought; as someone mentionned earlier it indeed does look like it will pill quite quickly. The material is cheap and that ugly wool mix... "only" 70% wool"... However, the cut is very good, straight cut, not boxy nor slim fitting. The lower chest pocket add a nice touch, definitly asian vibes, especially with the collar buttoned-up to the neck. The sleeves are a little too long for my arms, and the material thinner than the coat but still warm enough for fall. Not sure If I'm gonna keep it yet. On the fence ...

(not the real sleeves length too... will get them shortened as well)

The pleated wool/cashemere pants in black (size M) - Listed in the women section on the french uniqlo online shop lol ... not sure why. and a week later they still haven't worked it out. I usually wear Uniqlo jeans in size 30 and took a M hoping I'll get a loose effect. But it actually fits like 30 trousers to me (and there's a cord if you need to adjust). Unlike the blazer, the materail actually feels and looks like felt. Thick cashemere/wool blend, good for cold winters :) it actually matches my Lemaire mainline wool/cashemere pants quality-wise. but it looks like it catches dust pretty easily.. oh it pretty long too... must be 36 inches or something, and even with cuffs it s still insanely long on me.. Will give it to my GF to shorten a little. My (slight) disappointment is that is a little too slim fit to my taste,(especially towards the ankle.. Strong taper). Would have been a 10/10 if slighly larger, especially in the thigh area. Will keep it though

(notice the exaggerated cuff.. just shows you how long those trousers are... AND I'm wearing them high on the waist!)

The shawl collar textured cardigan with asymetric buttong in black (size M) - Nothing special here. I don't like how the buttong is so low the upper part of the chest is uncovered, ruinning the main purpose (protection against the cold)... And yeah as mentionned before, even if a size M the sleeves are pretty snug, and not very comfortable, especially in the armpit area (and I'm not even muscular!)... The thumbhole is nice feature though... But if not used, you can roll the cuff back for it 'regular" cardigan look (the sleeves would be a little too long otherwise). Not sure if i'm gonna keep it, didn't have high hopes about this one anyway

(yeah, the sleeves are a bit too long... Again, I have weird arms)
Accompanying clothing items - (vintage) Helmut Lang wool khaki sweater, Raf by Raf Simons derbies, H&M wide-brimmed wool hat and wool blend roll neck)

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, just disappointed with the blazer:(
Now wiating for the flat front wool/cashmre pants.

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
i received the mao collar overshirt , ordered size L which seems too big somehow but still the body is short. it feels substantial , at least , but the collar is weirdly executed which , when combined with the body length , makes it undesirable. i did get a white flannel and socks so at least the order wasn't all for naught

I found the width and shoulder to be wider than expected but the length of the sleeves are shorter and so is the hem.

I think to make it work would be as an outer light piece with the buttons or only top button applied, sleeves rolled up.

boso

Reaction score
Debating pulling the trigger on the duffle but it sounds like it might not be worth it. Is it as lightweight as people are saying?

ryoanji

Reaction score
Debating pulling the trigger on the duffle but it sounds like it might not be worth it. Is it as lightweight as people are saying?

Very very lightweight. When I handled it in store, it appeared to be like half the weight of +J x Uniqlo duffle :( Also, material is very very unimpressive.

kvgx22

Reaction score
Received my orders today. Looks like I'll be returning most of the stuff.

Thoughts on several pieces:

- Navy Elastic band trousers (Small): Extremely thick/kind of itchy ( feels like scratchy felt) , very relaxed top block (think drop crotch wool trousers), extreme taper at the ankle. Unsure if I want them or not.

-Beige Trench (XS): Terrible, fits like a sack, wrinkly thin material, offers nothing above standard Uniqlo trench. Returning.

-Flat front pants (All 3 colors in size 30): Very thick nice material, waist runs a bit small compared to standard 'Qlo. Seems durable, has a loose top block and also really tapers down at ankle. Might keep the navy pair, the black and tan ones are going back.

-Black side belt trousers (size 30): Extremely itchy, for the sake of comfort I'm returning these. Same fit as other pants: loose top with a heavy taper etc.

-Ivory Shawl collar pullover (Small): Fit is relaxed, had to size up from XS because it runs small. Very soft, but not the thickest. Pass.

-Navy and Ivory Mocknecks (XS): Very fitted, looks kind of like Archer's turtlenecks lol. Very soft, the mockneck is nice, miiiight keep but it is very snug and not sure if its meant to be that tight.

-Black and Olive Sweatpants (S): My personal favorite of out the whole collection next to the cardigan hoodie. Very nice waistband details, the pockets are lined with a nice cotton, rear pocket has a zipper. Very nice slim tapered fit. Keeping the black returning the olive.

-Navy Sweater Hoodie (XS): Second favorite, very soft (100% wool), fit is slim and the sleeves have the nice hand-warmer holes. It's thick enough for me not to feel ripped off and it's soft enough to not need a long sleeve tee underneath. Keeper for sure.

Let me know if you guys want any of the stuff before I return them all to the shop. Hate those dicks that resell collab **** on eBay for huge markups.

Last edited:

baklanyc

Reaction score

The pleated wool pants are terrible IMO. Definitely returning.

Oh, terrible how?  I've been watching for a restock on those, should I not bother?

I rather liked it, but I have enough looser fit pants for the Lemaire look (both from mainline and other brands) so I'm keeping it since it's an unusual slim pant because of the pleats and elasticated waist. I bought 9 QLemaire items and it's one of two I'm keeping.

Last edited:

baklanyc

Reaction score

The shawl collar textured cardigan with asymetric buttong in black (size M) - Nothing special here. I don't like how the buttong is so low the upper part of the chest is uncovered, ruinning the main purpose (protection against the cold)... And yeah as mentionned before, even if a size M the sleeves are pretty snug, and not very comfortable, especially in the armpit area (and I'm not even muscular!)... The thumbhole is nice feature though... But if not used, you can roll the cuff back for it 'regular" cardigan look (the sleeves would be a little too long otherwise). Not sure if i'm gonna keep it, didn't have high hopes about this one anyway
Accompanying clothing items - (vintage) Helmut Lang wool khaki sweater, Raf by Raf Simons derbies, H&M wide-brimmed wool hat and wool blend roll neck)

Coat looks good on you! I didn't like the topstitching on the underside of the lapels when it's turned up,esp. since I have a mainline Lemaire piece that does the same thing, so I returned it. But it looks great the way it fits on you. As far as the knit cardigan, I rather liked it although I bought it TTS and I think I should have sized up so it felt more generous like in the mainline, so I returned it. However, try wearing it with the shawl turned up like you did with your shawl coat the way Lemaire showed it in FW12. I always planned on wearing it underneath a regular blazer or coat as well, so you have the upturned rounded shawl contrasting a normal lapel.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, i received my (first) Qlomaire order today... For info : I am 1m75 (5,8¨) , 66 kg (145 ibs), normal / average silouette (not skinny, not athletic nor fat), between size 36 /38 in jackets and 30-31 in trousers First impression : The "oversize" debate is irrelevant imho, people are overestimating the oversize thing. If you know the Lemaire silhouette and wanna achieve it, I'd say, go TTS straight up. I'm in betwwen sizes (S/M) and I actually bought all items in M ... And they fit nicely (again, for a Lemaire silhouette - slight oversized and not slim-fitting)) BUT... If you have short arms like me, you may need alterations. The sleeves are prettey long That's my only beef sizing wise I bought : - The shawl collar coat in greem (size M) - The shawl collar blazer in green (size M) - The pleated wool/cashmere trousers (size M) - The shawl collar textured cardigan with asymetric buttoning (size M) (yeah i love shwal collars.. lol) The shawl collar green coat - Well, the color is actually a mix of olive green / brown / grey. definitly different from the "military" khaki green I was expecting. The fabric is thin as others have already mentionned, and it's not lined (besides the sleeve). I know many complained about the thinness of the material, but I actually thinks it's good that way.. the 10% of cashmere may help bring more warmth, and the lightweight gives a good drapey aesthetic. AND last, bit not least, there's not pictures of it closed up to the neck (with the "hidden" button hidden on the collar), but it looks fantastic that way. and another good point is the boxy cut. It allows people to wear thicker sweaters below (I have many chunky sweaters I can't wear in winter because of the slim cut of my other coats)... I keep this one . (that's not the real sleeves length, I did a "reversed" cuff... will def get them altered. Note the seams line aligned with my shoulders: it is indeed TTS) The shawl collar blazer in green (size M) - The campaign photos make it look brownish and describe it as "feeling/looking like felt". Both are incorrect. the color is more like a mix of dark grey and olive green, again, neither khaki nor brown and it doesnt feel of look like felt at all. It's actually the worst, quality-wise, of the items l bought; as someone mentionned earlier it indeed does look like it will pill quite quickly. The material is cheap and that ugly wool mix... "only" 70% wool"... However, the cut is very good, straight cut, not boxy nor slim fitting. The lower chest pocket add a nice touch, definitly asian vibes, especially with the collar buttoned-up to the neck. The sleeves are a little too long for my arms, and the material thinner than the coat but still warm enough for fall. Not sure If I'm gonna keep it yet. On the fence ... (not the real sleeves length too... will get them shortened as well)
The pleated wool/cashemere pants in black (size M) - Listed in the women section on the french uniqlo online shop lol ... not sure why. and a week later they still haven't worked it out. I usually wear Uniqlo jeans in size 30 and took a M hoping I'll get a loose effect. But it actually fits like 30 trousers to me (and there's a cord if you need to adjust). Unlike the blazer, the materail actually feels and looks like felt. Thick cashemere/wool blend, good for cold winters :) it actually matches my Lemaire mainline wool/cashemere pants quality-wise. but it looks like it catches dust pretty easily.. oh it pretty long too... must be 36 inches or something, and even with cuffs it s still insanely long on me.. Will give it to my GF to shorten a little. My (slight) disappointment is that is a little too slim fit to my taste,(especially towards the ankle.. Strong taper). Would have been a 10/10 if slighly larger, especially in the thigh area. Will keep it though
(notice the exaggerated cuff.. just shows you how long those trousers are... AND I'm wearing them high on the waist!)

This is very good, best post about the collection I've read so far. And nice photos representing the look. Everything else posted online just didn't look right. I'm deciding to finally post here and share my experience, this will be part 1 of 4. There may not be a part 4 since my first order is still pending (at this point I doubt it will be fulfilled but I'll wait for a final confirmation). However, the next 3 orders I placed are scheduled to arrive next week with 1 of them delivered today. Based on what I've seen so far and given that everything will fit I plan to keep majority of it. What I received today are the cotton canvas chinos. Lemaire actually makes chinos in various fabrics throughout his collection. I remember the first pair I tried was from FW14, I believe it was moleskin. The fabric was great but at that time I did not fit into his slimmer fitting pants (I enjoy more of his wool pants and pleated trousers). He also makes the chino pant in denim, which I think is pretty cool. Regarding the Uniqlo x Lemaire, I went with the largest size available in the chinos and have to say I am satisfied with the fit this time around. Aside from the waist that needs to be taken in and inseam shortened, the pants fit well across my seat and thigh. It is not has clean as the modeled photos since there is some break around my knee, but I think the photos modeled on the website is a good representation. I had no expectations of a great selection of fabrics when this collection was announced. If you want that go buy mainline. What I did expect was a representation of mainline Lemaire in terms of pattern and shape, and to be able to wear it in rotation with some of the mainline clothing. A lot of people who are not familiar with the designer will decidedly choose to go with a slim fit silhouette. IMO the oversized description is overblown. As @Moonchild put it, you should be going TTS or in my opinion size up. With the exception of outerwear, just like mainline, I personally size down one. More about the Uniqlo x Lemaire chinos, a good medium to high rise, which I love (I measured it at about 12" in the front), tapers below the knee (size 34 has a 7" leg opening, when I have the inseam shortened with no break it will be closer to 7.25"), I can only say if you are a slim guy and need a smaller waist size that the taper would be even more exaggerated, guess the bigger guys lucked out?, but I don't think the taper is anything new with Lemaire generally. I think with the rigidness of cotton it happens to exaggerate the slimness because of breaks and creases. (About fabric, wool on the other hand drapes better and is more relaxed so instead of breaking it folds and spills over, that's my observation.) Eventually the cotton would soften up though, like denim in some ways, but happens to be more crisp at the beginning if you are comparing it to wool. Not always true but more often than not this is my experience. Hence, I typically prefer wool pants. But since I don't have simple pair of pants in cotton this cotton pants is a good filler, and I picked up in all the available colors. (The pair of cotton pants I have from Christophe Lemaire feels like light silk/wool FWIW). Aside from the fit there really is nothing else to cheer about, it's a pair of chino pants. If you don't have a hard time fitting into Uniqlo's mainline pants then I wouldn't bother spending the time and money here. I'm looking forward to the wool pants arriving (part of my first order :confused:). The pleated wool pants look great on Moonchild, it's how I imagined it would look. I wish the shawl collar jacket was the same fabric instead of the 3 button blazer. There seems to be mixed response regarding the shirts. @the shah Was the overshirt shorter than what you expected or generally so? This is another item I'm looking forward to. I would like to see first hand what you mean by the collar, hopefully I get that chance. BTW, visited the local Uniqlo store again today and no signs of the collection. I called the general number a day after the collection opened up and was told that the west coast was not scheduled yet to receive inventory. The Uniqlo x Lemaire collection was only available in NY. @Parker, @dieworkwear Did you guys happen to visit the store in SF and see signs? I know someone in here from LA was complaining of no stock available. I also picked up some stuff for my mom, most of outerwear, so I will share some of my thoughts (this order actually shipped!) @baklanyc I actually wore the knit cardigan and sweater from Christophe Lemaire today. The yak wool blend is so nice and soft. @Jeffrey Hou Looks good, you can also consider sizing up and fold up the sleeves as some other people prefer it. You can play with the idea of the coat being longer too. :nodding: The great thing about the Kaftan coat from Lemaire is the dropped shoulders, which offers some more leeway for sizing between.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads