• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread

arcturuz

Reaction score

Among shirting, the convertible collar takes the cake I think. Anyone think so as well?

yes i like it best
no idea why they labelled it as convertible collar, what's there to convert?

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my hidden plackets, and I really like them for the price. Fit well, quality seems at least on par with other Uniqlo-stuff, and they have this nice folded cuff for an extra detail. The green is moss green.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes i like it best
no idea why they labelled it as convertible collar, what's there to convert?

I was wondering that too … I took it to mean "relaxed", but wtf that has to do with "converting" anything is anyone's guess. Supposedly my order arrives on Friday so we will see.

Last edited:

gong

Reaction score
i was most interested in the shawl collar blazer and i haven't seen it listed once on the site
redface.gif

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Just picked up my order in the mail.. Mini review:

Good
Boat neck sweater: surprisingly nice and by far the best piece I got. Sadly I got it in the wrong size and it's sold out in ecru. I sized up 2 (to a Large!) and it's almost good, but medium would've been best. Size up 1 on this one for a lovely drapey and relaxed fit.

All right
Shawl coat: the cut is fantastic, but the fabric is bad - passable, just not satisfying - drapes well enough, but thin and not that nice to the touch. Feels like felt. But I think I'm keeping it. Maybe next year I can send it to Luxire and have it replicated in a sweet fabric haha. I sized down 1 from my normal size and it fits perfectly.

Shawl collar cardigan: it's fine. Undecided if I should return it and save for something nicer. Took my regular size.

Bad
Convertible collar shirt in white: extremely see-through fabric. The convertible collar didn't work for me; just wrinkled up into a mess. Seemed like a no-brainer buy, but it's a disaster.

Long sleeve sweater with two chest pockets: didn't really suit me. Might work for some; I kept getting a collar gap. Green colour darker than expected.

Disappointing overall, but there are a few good pieces. Had high hopes I could fill most of my winter wardrobe with this collab, but that didn't happen.

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's called a convertible collar, is like a camp style shirt where you can wear it with the top button open and the placket has turnback that creates a lapel or you can wear the top button closed and it cuts straight across. usually where the top button is or the button placket is slightly offset so that when the top is closed (often with a loop at the highest button set back) you get a clean square look versus open the placket turns back and creates a little lapel effect. the center front construction has a turn back, meaning the self fabric of the body is turned back on itself part of the way and sewn down. toward the top of the placket where the neck meets the collar, the collar is usually sewn directly into the neck line instead of onto a collar stand as with most shirts. this creates a soft rolled collar look and can also contribute to the lapel effect.

tried to find an internal shot so you guys could understand the body construction but hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knit blazer is solid, really happy with it.

I like the coat. Material is mediocre as everyone says, but it looks pretty sweet. (Got the green, sized down and it's still nice and relaxed.)

The pleated wool pants are terrible IMO. Definitely returning.

Shirts are just ok. Will probably keep one collarless but return the rest. I like the greens. The navy reads as black basically. White is translucent as expected.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ looks okay but hard to tell from that pic.

Green shawl coat arrived. Enormous. Thin felt material, sort of shapeless. It might look alright after it hangs for a while and the wrinkles come out. It reminds me of a really oversized coat I had in the 90s. It is okay, but it is going back.

Shawl sweater arrived, in the wrong color. Probably going back too. We will see.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i received the mao collar overshirt , ordered size L which seems too big somehow but still the body is short. it feels substantial , at least , but the collar is weirdly executed which , when combined with the body length , makes it undesirable. i did get a white flannel and socks so at least the order wasn't all for naught

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anybody is looking for the green wool/cash flat fronts in a 34 for a little below retail send me a pm. They'd be better for a 32, maybe a 33. Other than that the material and general fit and construction seem good, just too small in the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads