• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo ring denim one wash jeans BNWOT

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got these from j. when he went to Japan a little while ago. I had a lot of jeans on rotation, so they got tried on, and then were put on the backburner. However, I've lost about 15 lbs and 2 inches off my waist since then, and while they were slightly big to begin with (they are about 34 inches around) they really, really do not fit me anymore. Put it this way. My size 29 New Standards are pretty loose on me right now (I just put them in a warm rinse to get them back to a decent size.) The fit is very similar to the NS (I would call these the poor man's New Standards.) My inseam is 32, and these would give me some stacking.

Anyway, um, $38 USD shipped - I think that that is a little lower than retail (not even sure these jeans can be found in the US anymore), and you avoid taxes NJ or NY taxes. And 38 is an auspicious number in Chinese, which is why I chose it (seriously.). Figured they should go to a good home. Paypal me at fyl @ io.harvard.edu. I'll ship USPS priority tomorrow if there is a buyer tonight.

Measurements:

Waist=34"
Front rise=11"
Back rise =14.25"
Thigh ~ 24" around
knee = 9.5 " across
hem = 8.5" across
inseam = 33"

So, like a less tapered version of the NS.

countchocula8

Reaction score
Can you post some measurements please? Thanks. edit: Too big
frown.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are these pretty straight? judging by the measurements its somewhat a straight leg with a slight taper (any pictures? How did they fit?) If they are pretty straight and very little visible taper I might be interested.
Hmmm, I just saw its a 33" inseam, that might not be a go, I usually wear a 34"

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erm, my wife is asleep, and I can't figure out where she put the camera... Not going to piss her off by waking her up to ask her this
confused.gif

Yes, straighter than the NS, but with some taper. They fit like the APC NS, but with a wider leg throughout...

Oh, forgot to mention that the color is not unlike the NS, slightly more grey (at least under my yellow light) and with very nice subtle vertical structure in the color. I've heard that they wear well.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine after some wear and washing, hope this helps:

uniqloeg1gi9.jpg

BTW, the inseam is a little less than 34, but not much. I stretch them after washing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Here is a pic of mine after some wear and washing, hope this helps: BTW, the inseam is a little less than 34, but not much. I stretch them after washing.
Thanks man... Yeah, so, they look like that... They are actually pretty nice jeans. And well worth $38. Just wish I had precognition and could foresee that I would be getting back to fighting shape after getting married. Wierd, thought it was usually the other way around...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, those look good. i need at least a 35 and probably a 36 inch waist, though. ****** is just too damn big from doing squats over 8 or 9 years....

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I got the same jeans for sale in size 30, for pretty much the same reason that LAGuy is selling them (they're barely worn and I'm even slimmer than I was so...). Will take measurements if someone needs them.

Oh and my asking price is $30+ shipping but I'm In Canada so it might be a couple of dollars more expensive than the US price (not by much).

Bithabus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Here is a pic of mine after some wear and washing, hope this helps:

uniqloeg1gi9.jpg

BTW, the inseam is a little less than 34, but not much. I stretch them after washing.

That belt is very cool. Would you tell where you got it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bithabus
That belt is very cool. Would you tell where you got it?

It's an Engineered Garments belt. Gary Drinkwater has loads of that particular belt right now. In sizes 30 (fitting size 28 waist) and up. Give him a call ( www.drinkwaterscambridge.com ).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads