• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo proxy - NJ?

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It would be awesome if people who go by there could give us a report of what's in the stores, especially the jeans. If someone reported only on the jeans available in raw or rinse, that would be all I'm really interested in.

I'd still really like to get a pair of hemp/cotton or linen/cotton jeans to replace my UQs that were stolen.

I went this evening to the Soho store, lots of washed denim, most of the dark stuff they had a few months ago was gone. There was some "vintage styled" denim which looked to be one wash, a few pairs that I saw had sandpapered whiskers, I don't believe all of them did. They had a bunch of skinny white jeans, I just looked at these while I was on line, the pockets were frayed a little, but they looked good overall.

The chinos are great, I bought a pair of 32x34, which fit very well, I think I could have squeezed into 30's but I didn't feel the need. Construction looks good too, felled inseam and outseam, YKK Universal zipper, I agree with Joel, the herringbone pockets are really nice.

They had lots of linen short sleve button downs, but I didn't notice any linen jeans.

ardeetee

Reaction score
The couple t-shirts I got from Uniqlo while I was in Japan were actually suprisingly thin...(much thinner than aa) I pretty much have to handwash all of them because I don't want the machine eating them up. Are the new t-shirts still really thin?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else willing to do this?

CCHen was very gracious, but none of the stores by him had the chinos I was looking for in my size.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I'd like to help you guys out, but I have no time between work and classes to shop for people. I don't even have time to shop for myself that's how bad it is.

justlooking

Reaction score
I'm about 20 mins away from Uniqlo in Freehold and Menlo Park malls. However, I'm finishing up college in socal and won't be available to get stuff at Uniqlo until May 20th or so. If anyone still wants stuff from Uniqlo at that time, just bump this thread again and let me know. I'll only be available to do it for about a month since I'll be returning to Socal for full-time work in July.

Cali

Reaction score
Just got my chinos that I proxy'ed from cchen, and I must say he was GREAT to deal with. Thanks man!
worship.gif
These are really nice pants, but the fit is a full cut. Still not sure if this is the fit I am looking for but a quality pair of pants for a good price. Oh and they run a little big so get at least one size down. Does anybody know if these shrink at the waist/top in a hot wash?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the stuff stuff/size they carry on the japanase online store is different from the stuff in North America?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Don't remeber reading this on here anywhere, but if its news to me it may be news to someone else. From the US site:

...This coming fall UNIQLO will add additional fits and finishes to its premium denim collection including Real Vintage and Selvage denim. Selvage denim are jeans made in the traditional way with antique looms. The fabric edges of Selvage denim have a woven finish rather than being cut and overlocked like other denim...

chocodove

Reaction score
I live literally 3 minutes away from one of NJ stores, so if anyone knows exactly what they want (size, color, price, etc.), we may be able to work something out. I can always do a scouting report as well. Haven't been to the store in a while, but I've been meaning too. PM me if anyone is interested.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else need a pickup? I can do one last run for people, PM me if you want anything

also still have a 30x32 on hand

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
...This coming fall UNIQLO will add additional fits and finishes to its premium denim collection including Real Vintage and Selvage denim. Selvage denim are jeans made in the traditional way with antique looms. The fabric edges of Selvage denim have a woven finish rather than being cut and overlocked like other denim...

::Rocks back and Forth::

Holy mother of god. I need more selvage in my life. I have a pair of the first run selvage from way back when they first opened in NJ and love them to death. I just hope that they put out at least a raw or one wash version that's cheap.
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads