• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Uniqlo more than just jeans

benchan

Reaction score

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that peacoat does lookpretty damn slick.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're opening a much larger store in Soho this fall. The orig store and the placeholder store over the summer (they were between leases) were small and only stocked basics. I hope more of the fun stuff comes to NYC soon.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator Sartoris
How would I go about buying one?

Would probably need to use celga (www.celga.com), bid-service (www.bid-service.jp), or a similar service. Unless these items show up in the US stores anytime soon.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo is all over the map in terms of quality. I have a couple pairs of Uniqlo jeans that are pretty decent, a couple of Uniqlo shirts that are absolute crap, and another Uniqlo shirt that is, again, pretty decent.

I think of them as kind of being comparable to Target in terms of quality and price, and probably disdain by clothing snobs, at least in Japan.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Target? Not even say... Gap? Maybe I'll pass :p

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Target? Not even say... Gap? Maybe I'll pass :p
If the coat is half as good as the jeans, it's a great deal. I wouldn't wear it, but I kind of like it.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I popped into Uniqlo on Regent street in London this past weekend looking for a new pair of their straight leg one washes. Looks like their fit has changed since the last pair I picked up. Dont think I like it. They did have a new slim cut which looked appealing, but only had it in a black.

But while leaving, I noticed that they had some polos for only 6.99 (Pounds) 2 different fits. Tired them for the hell of it and found one that is great!!! Slim, just below belt level, fairly short sleeves, etc... Picked up a few for layering, slackin, etc... Wearing one now. Quite like it

K

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I went to the Broadway store yesterday and bought a dark grey Henley ($15) which fits me perfectly, so I'm going back today to buy a couple others in different colors. I also bought 4 pairs of socks for $10, they had a lot, all different colors. And a bridle leather wallet which I really like, I think that was about $15 too. I was surprised the clothes seem pretty nice, I can't wait till they move into a bigger place and get more stuff, very cramped in there right now.

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gusgusterson
Uniqlo makes great socks.

AMEN! UNIQLO socks are one of my favorite items in my wardrobe. 30 colors or something, £1.99 a pair. I went in last week and bought eight pairs of the pretty colored ones.

tundrafour

Reaction score
While living in Tokyo, I bought some Uniqlo undershirts and they're great, as well. Soft, thick (relative to most other undershirts) fabric and pretty good construction, too.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40