• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo in GQ, again ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
Anyone else see the Uniqlo tweed jacket on page 21 of the the August GQ?

Has anyone here bought Uniqlo products online? Or from any source other than the SoHo NYC retail location?

Kazou

Reaction score
I live and travel between Tokyo and Seoul and they are everywhere. Decent quality, similar in ways to Banana Republic and H&M in fashion but I find Uniqlo are a bit better quality in general. I can't say about online sales, but I don't think it wold be different from going in a purchasing it. Just know your size, they can be on the smaller side of things.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you could buy Uniqlo online. At least not through Uniqlo itself. Pretty sure you have to visit a store to make an actual purchase. Uniqlo.com lets you search through their catalogs and gives you the prices of the various items, but as far as I can tell, you can't purchase those items electronically.

Similar situation with H&M and Zara. Really not sure why they choose to do business this way. Setting up even a rudimentary e-commerce solution, be it on their own or through an Amazon white-label service, would cost relatively little and generate a lot of revenue. There's very little excuse for a retailer in the 21st century to have a web presence but no web store.

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl
Or from any source other than the SoHo NYC retail location?

I've been to the Tokyo store. A bit bigger than the NYC location, and the prices are much cheaper. We're talking the equivalent of $30 US for jeans. Best deal I ever got on jeans, frankly. I stocked up big time when I was there.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in the SoHo store on Friday, and it isn't in the store yet.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo UK has offered the wares online for some time, and the service is good. I believe the homeland site also offers the service

Kazou

Reaction score
I think you're right about the US site not being able to do sales online. But the Japanese site and UK can. Unfortunately you have to reside in those countries to purchase there (at least the Japan site for sure)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As soon as GQ highlights anything from Uniqlo, it sells out in their NYC store, so I've heard, and unsurprisingly.

alexmvargas

Reaction score
You can call Uniqlo and have something shipped from NYC. Really wish they had an online store front in the US. At those prices, it just makes sense to take a flyer on things sight unseen.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear they make a killer pair of office pants.

TheDon

Reaction score
pics anyone? wish they were on the west coast

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Haven't read my copy yet but am rather pissed that the August editions of both GQ & DETAILS are as thin as napkins.
If they make one more thin issue I am never going to buy those mags again..Grrr!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads