• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo greenline raw selvage, sanforized?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was wondering if this pair of Uniqlo raw greenlines I got was sanfordized. Right now they have 36" inseam, and apparently they've been through a cold soak with no apparent shrinking. Is it ok to hem these now? Should I leave an inch or so for potential future shrinkage?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They won't shrink more than that. I've washed and dried mine a bunch of times now and they're still 36-37" long.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did you get your pair? i thought theyno longer made selvage jeans?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sanfordandson.jpg

Sanfordized?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
where did you get your pair? i thought theyno longer made selvage jeans?
I got mine in Tokyo in May 05 and I am guessing Drizzt just bought his pair on the B&S forum.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I got mine in Tokyo in May 05 and I am guessing Drizzt just bought his pair on the B&S forum.

Yeah, I traded for them, but the person I got them from said that they got them from a friend that was visiting Japan, so maybe they either had them or Uniqlo had some in their store? In any case, they're definitely raw selvage. I took them and am hemming them so they just touch the floor on my AEs, which should be about perfect if they end up shrinking 2 cm or so.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, bringing back an old thread to say that I washed these Uniqlos today, threw them in the wash with my other clothes, then spun dry until they were damp and then hung them up. I pulled on them immediately after they came out of the washing machine, then a few more times while they were damp. They're not quite dry yet, but appear to be exactly the same in length, and a little bit slimmer (but not a lot, maybe 1 cm) in width. I'll post some pics once they're dry.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I actually put mine through the dryer once (I must have been drunk) and they are still around 36" long probably. I cuff them.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, in the sunlight, after being fully dry, these have some awesome blue/purple fade marks on them. I'm not sure if they can be made out from the pics well, but I'll post them up later tonight.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here are mine, pics after a year and a half of wear - I'll have to take some updated pics on the next wash.

uniqloselv3dn9.jpg

uniqloselv4oa1.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At that point, maybe... 5 or 6? That was last Sept or Oct, and I've only washed them maybe once or twice since then, but haven't been wearing them a whole lot. They'll come out in the hotter weather since they are the lightest weight/color pair I have.

They are darker looking IRL btw, that's bright sunlight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics