• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo DI suit

butaro

Reaction score
This post is regarding a question relating to the new Designers Invitation Project ( Opening Ceremony ) from Uniqlo.

I've been looking at this quite inexpensive linen blend suit for a while, i've tried it on in the store and one of the sizes fits me almost perfectly. The jacket length is a little short but the shoulders and arms are perfect.

The only problem, I like it but I have no idea what I would wear with it.

Here is a link to the online store with a picture of it
(Sorry the text is all japanese, but you can see it)
http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/CPaGoods/056680-68

Its a blue and black houndstooth jacket.

I actually ended up buying it(Tags are still on though and i haven't wore it outside the house) After trying it on and seeing how well it fit. However, at home I have paired it with some shirts i own and they dont seem to go with it, and im not sure what colour ties I could wear with it too.

Also casually, just wearing the jacket, I was wondering if i could get some advice how to pull it off.

Any assistance would be helpful!!
I like the jacket a lot, i just dont know how to wear it!

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should think this would be fine with dark plain jeans and a plain white/pale blue shirt or even a t-shirt would be fine, grey wool trousers if you wanted to smarten it up a bit. It isn't too loud to wear just as a normal, if slightly trendy, jacket.

Closer

Reaction score
is there anyway to buy Uniqlo online in the US?

if not, i live in Houston, any stores like Barny's carry it?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gray jeans, white shirt.

butaro

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!! I didn't think of grey really, since i don't really own any gray jeans or pants!

I also like the khaki version of it, and since it fits so well I'm thinking of getting it but gonna wait a little bit and see.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads