1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoesnlife, Mar 4, 2013.

1. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Alden Unlined suede 4 eye dover.

[​IMG]

2. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Oh damn, I'll take a pair of each!

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

4. unipair guy

Just let us know your size and if you have any questions! [​IMG]

5. unipair guy

Thank you very much! They are a perfect spring/summer shoe! [​IMG]

6. unipair guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some of our Jalan suede shoes. These are Goodyear welted by hand and the suede is sourced from France. These are $315 dollars and we are offering free shipping at this time! Let us know if you have any questions.

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks for the photos, do you have any natural light pictures like you did with the EG shoes above?

8. unipair guy

The weather has been cloudy and rainy here but when we get some sunshine I will try and get some natural light pictures for you!

9. unipair guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden 63084 Alpine Grain V-Tip Blutcher (Barrie last)

10. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I really like the shoes and especially the smaller sizes, but the Aldens seem a little expensive to me. If I'm doing the math correctly Cordovan boots are around $900? Which would put them in the same range as Carmina.

12. unipair guy

We deduct 10% Korean VAT from all listed prices and we are offering free shipping at this time. We hope this helps with any shoes you are interested in!

Unipair Guy

13. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

How does the site get to english?

14. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Yup, took that into accounting. Just wanted to make sure that my math was correct.

Is there a reason that Aldens are more expensive? Do you pay import tax into South Korea from the USA?

15. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think they are working on that now. In the mean time, I think people have just been messaging Unipair Guy on here to get everything taken care of.

16. unipair guy

As with all foreign Alden retailers our costs are higher due to taxes and international shipping costs. We will deduct 10% Korean VAT tax and we are offering free shipping to give our customers the best possible price. If you are ordering to the USA then you will avoid import taxes because Alden is made in USA. If anyone is interested in a particular model please PM me and I will give you a price quote in dollars. [​IMG]

17. unipair guy

We are working on adding more English to the website. In the meantime I will be happy to answer any questions or give prices in dollars. Send me a PM anytime!

18. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Hello! These are stunning shoes. Can you provide some background on this brand?

19. unipair guy

Jalan shoes are made in Indonesia and they are Goodyear welted by hand. The hides are sourced from France. These shoes are on par for quality with other mid-range shoe makers. The owner of the company studied shoes in England and brought this knowledge back to Indonesia where labor costs are lower. All of this allows the customer to get a great quality shoe for a very reasonable price. Jalan has done very well in Japan and Korea. I hope this is helpful and I am happy to answer any other questions you have.

Unipair Guy

20. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Makes sense :). Thank you for the answer. I see myself possibly picking some Carminas up from you in the future.

And if you had these in my size for that price would have bought them already :D
    http://unipairstore.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=271&category=037

Pretty close to what I've been looking for.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013