• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Was Vidalia Mills ever considered for sourcing denim?

It wasn't. I wasn't aware there was an operating selvedge denim mill in the United State after Cone went out of business. I'll look more into Visalia Mills.

We shopped for a denim partner for nearly a year (including taking a trip to Paris for Premiere Vision to meet with multiple candidates). In the end, we were between a mill in Italy and a few in Japan. But ultimately chose a Japanese partner because of their high quality and consistency in manufacturing. An extremely important aspect for us was the ability to maintain a consistent/predictable shrinkage across production rolls in order to more reliably/consistently hit spec (and repeat washes). Which we found in our partner.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I need that oversized flannel in my life.

We're working to get that red/black oversized flannel completely dialed in and released ASAP along with the green/white/black flannel we featured in the I-10 Trucker Hat shot on the roof (linked below).

Green/White/Black OS Flannel

Last edited:

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are very nice! Are you planning to keep them raw hem?

The initial drop of both heavier weight flannels will have a raw hem. They were initially slated to have a finished slightly curved shirt hem, but after overwhelming feedback from our community here (and other platforms) we kept the raw hem for the initial release. We were originally using the raw hem as a placeholder/tool to dial in the correct length.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're dropping our Heavyweight Studio Hoodie, Heavyweight Studio Crew and Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants 2.0 tomorrow (12/18) at 10AM (PST).

This drop features the debut of the updated Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants silhouette, the Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants 2.0. Based on feedback, we reduced the rise and shortened the inseam for an improved fit. They're made of our ultra-premium 27-ounce French Terry and are designed to pair perfectly with the Heavyweight Studio Crew, Hoodie and Half Zip.

We're dropping the Heavyweight Studio Crew, Heavyweight Studio Hoodie and Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants 2.0 in four colors:

-Black
-Cypress (a deep forest green)
-Cream
-Light Heather (a new heather grey with a higher cotton content and lighter heather grey shade than the original "Heather Grey" we dropped)

I'll post links here tomorrow the minute everything is live along with a size chart for the updated Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants 2.0

UNI:FORM Full Drop list 12.18.22 IG POST UNIFORMLA.png

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys! All orders from yesterday's drop have been shipped/handed over to USPS (or UPS on some international orders). If you ordered via USPS Priority Mail, you should receive your order before Christmas.

If you guys would still like to place an order for delivery by Christmas, tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail is likely the deadline. We're working to get all orders shipped out ASAP.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
Pat, I washed the washed black HW studio sweatpants in cold with no detergent and the black pigment has some white spots near the left leg and the drawstring has black coloring on it. Is this normal? Just wondering if I ruined them washing them in cold water with no detergent.

On a separate note, just purchased the new HW studio crew too. Thanks for the quick shipping!

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pat, I washed the washed black HW studio sweatpants in cold with no detergent and the black pigment has some white spots near the left leg and the drawstring has black coloring on it. Is this normal? Just wondering if I ruined them washing them in cold water with no detergent.

On a separate note, just purchased the new HW studio crew too. Thanks for the quick shipping!

Thank you so much for your order of the HW Studio Crew. I hope you love it when it comes in!

Because the Washed Black Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants have a captive pigment dye, they will shed dye for the first couple of washes regardless of how you wash them. Washing them in regular water (with no detergent) won't ruin them but may cause some dye unevenness like you mentioned. The dye should even out more with regular washing. Generally, if there's any spotting on pigment dyed pieces, continuing to wash them will eliminate it.

I'm going to send you a DM on the drawstring.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, fellas! I hope that you're having a wonderful relaxing day.

We appreciate y'all and are grateful for our community here. Thank you for being a part of it.

NOTCARTEL777

Reaction score
WTS - Brand new in the package w/ tags - Size Medium Pine Heavyweight Artist tee - $55 + Shipping

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads