• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody else have issues with the tags? I haven’t worn shirts with fabric tags in a long time so maybe I’m just not used to it but they were super scratchy and I had to take them all off.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else have issues with the tags? I haven’t worn shirts with fabric tags in a long time so maybe I’m just not used to it but they were super scratchy and I had to take them all off.
Im quite sensitive to tags and I'd say I've had the scratchy issues with about half the shirts from uniform. Not enough for me to take them out but enough to bother me a bit

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, it’s really my only gripe and it’s minor since it’s easy to just get a seam ripper.
i got the washed black and washed olive vintage tees, white vintage and white raw hem, and white artist. Tried to order the ls artist but got refunded.
The artist is definitely my favourite cut, washed black my favourite colour.
I’ll wait for the heavyweights to restock and try and get a ls artist next.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, it’s really my only gripe and it’s minor since it’s easy to just get a seam ripper.
i got the washed black and washed olive vintage tees, white vintage and white raw hem, and white artist. Tried to order the ls artist but got refunded.
The artist is definitely my favourite cut, washed black my favourite colour.
I’ll wait for the heavyweights to restock and try and get a ls artist next.

youre in for a treat when the LS Artist comes back

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tags are terrible because they lead to holes. However, the recent release of Artists moved the tags to the reinforced area of the collar which should be much more durable. Regardless, I think it’s time to move away from the tags.

I just noticed the 50/50 tees had the tags on the reinforced area of collar as well. I wonder why the change with the initial sets of Vintage and Artists Tees?

Last edited:

mikeezy

Reaction score
The tags are terrible because they lead to holes. However, the recent release of Artists moved the tags to the reinforced area of the collar which should be much more durable. Regardless, I think it’s time to move away from the tags.

I just noticed the 50/50 tees had the tags on the reinforced area of collar as well. I wonder why the change with the initial sets of Vintage and Artists Tees?

Had this happen on my HW Vintage Tee. Tag caused holes right where it's attached on the collar and looks like it might rip off any time now.

@UNIFORMLA Are there any colors other than black coming out for the halfzip?

gentlypfister

Reaction score
I agree! Let's ditch the tags in 2022 Pat! Literally only issue with all my shirts is this. It's so so so so minor, but since the group brought it up, I'll +1 on the death of the tag.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are heavyweight concord sweatpants gonna be a thing? Wouldn't even need the toggle personally, I always wear mine (the normal version) down without using the toggle

Heavyweight Concord Sweatpants aren't currently in the plans. In the future it may be something we explore. I'm a big fan of those sweatpants.

We've quietly spent almost a year focusing on our french terry direction moving forward. I'll share more about that when we drop the heavyweight french terry.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the sweats come in a bigger offering? I am still hesitant to grab a pair due to the sizing on the chart I usually wear a 2XL in JE stuff.

The heavyweight sweatpants are going to drop in XS-XL.

I hear you on wanting bigger sizes. It's something we plan to offer in the future. However, I'm not sure when that will be implemented.

If you'd like to try a pair of them in XL, I'd recommend purchasing them using your PayPal so that if they don't work, you can take advantage of their return shipping reimbursement program. That way, you can try them essentially risk free and see if the XL would work for you.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Had this happen on my HW Vintage Tee. Tag caused holes right where it's attached on the collar and looks like it might rip off any time now.

I agree! Let's ditch the tags in 2022 Pat! Literally only issue with all my shirts is this. It's so so so so minor, but since the group brought it up, I'll +1 on the death of the tag.

I hear you guys regarding the tags on tees. We're working to move away from main label tags in all of our tees. The working idea is to put a small tab on the outside left seam of the tees in place of the main label tag.

Given all of this feedback, we may pull all the main label tags off the 14-ounce tees and updated classic crew necks that are currently in production.

You guys would prefer there's just no label whatsoever on the back neck of the tees? Just plain?

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

dustinr

Reaction score
I hear you guys regarding the tags on tees. We're working to move away from main label tags in all of our tees. The working idea is to put a small tab on the outside left seam of the tees in place of the main label tag.

Given all of this feedback, we may pull all the main label tags off the 14-ounce tees and updated classic crew necks that are currently in production.

You guys would prefer there's just no label whatsoever on the back neck of the tees? Just plain?

Personally, no label on the back neck is best. I don’t find it bugs me while wearing the tees, but it’s a potential ripping point in the garment.

Wally_SF

Reaction score

I've had some label issues creating holes on washed treatments from {redacted brand} in the past. My tri blend LS artist tag had ripped off somehow, but didn't lead to holes. Maybe I was lucky

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno what causes different version of the tag to be itchy and not, but some brands definitely has no affect on me while some irritate the hell out of me. Uniform sits in the middle of the spectrum so yea if there's no reason for it then I'm a +1 on taking them out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads