• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

mikeezy

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of sunsets in the other day thanks to @Samir . A bit tighter in the waist than anticipated, but I'm loving these things. Hopefully we can get a sizable restock because I need allllll the colors.

A5F0A869-D947-4596-9373-6A8F644B3292.jpeg

dyelawn

Reaction score
We're working on a sample of the Souvenir Sweatpants in the 27oz french terry now. Let me get that in hand and I can better answer your question.

Was there a particular area where you found the 24oz Souvenir Sweatpants to be slim? Or was it throughout?

I feel like the entire leg is slim. Not my ideal fit but the souvenir sweats in large were sold out at the time so I couldn't exchange. I thought maybe they would stretch out but this hasn’t been the case. Both my cement and steel pairs fit about the same. My girlfriend actually likes to steal them because she likes the fit on herself so much #womenofuniform

For my next pairs, I would like for the leg to fit much looser.
8658760A-CE0E-46C5-83C6-65C76AA77595.jpeg
BCD48D80-212D-4F64-984C-6362684D0DCF.jpeg

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How will the sizing of the souvenir sweats change from the 24oz to the 27oz French terry? I found that size medium was extremely slim on my 31 in waist in the 24 oz and wish I had sized up. Is it worth sizing up to a large in these?
I feel like the entire leg is slim. Not my ideal fit but the souvenir sweats in large were sold out at the time. I thought maybe they would stretch out but this hasn’t been the case. Both my cement and steel pairs fit about the same. My girlfriend actually likes to steal them because she likes the fit on herself so much #womenofuniform

View attachment 1690053 View attachment 1690054
I’m going to give my 2 cents here. You said you have a 31 inch waist, are you basing that off what size jeans you buy or is that an actual measurement of the top opening of the denim you purchase?
Knowing your measurements is key, why I say this is because when you buy a pair of denim, it is usually “vanity sized”. What that means is a size 31 actually measures out to something like a 33 inch waist.
@UNIFORMLA has very thorough size charts.
9E514E5D-DF14-4B53-8AD2-A3A73343AE2E.png
If you’re buying a 31 in denim, you’re probably better off buying a large. The “relaxed” measurement is a 31 in the large, to account for stretch you prob could fit a 33-34 inch waist comfortably. So if you’re buying size 31s I’d buy a large. I usually buy size 29-30 in denim, my waist is truly a 31-32 inch waist depending on the season, so I usually buy a medium in uniform. I generally think of the “relaxed” measurement, as similar sizing to my “vanity sized” denim size. If you have sweats that fit well, I’d measure them and compare the points to the size guide. Hope that helps.

dyelawn

Reaction score
I’m going to give my 2 cents here. You said you have a 31 inch waist, are you basing that off what size jeans you buy or is that an actual measurement of the top opening of the denim you purchase?
Knowing your measurements is key, why I say this is because when you buy a pair of denim, it is usually “vanity sized”. What that means is a size 31 actually measures out to something like a 33 inch waist.
View attachment 1690091 If you’re buying a 31 in denim, you’re probably better off buying a large. The “relaxed” measurement is a 31 in the large, to account for stretch you prob could fit a 33-34 inch waist comfortably. So if you’re buying size 31s I’d buy a large. I usually buy size 29-30 in denim, my waist is truly a 31-32 inch waist depending on the season, so I usually buy a medium in uniform. I generally think of the “relaxed” measurement, as similar sizing to my “vanity sized” denim size. If you have sweats that fit well, I’d measure them and compare the points to the size guide. Hope that helps.

Ahh this is super helpful actually, thanks for the insight. And to be fair, I really should have taken a harder look at the sizing chart as it's spelled out what size I should have gotten. I went with mediums and assumed it was the same sizing as many other brands and don't generally consider myself a "large." I purchase a 31 waist in cast 2's and I'm 5'9 and 170lbs.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the entire leg is slim. Not my ideal fit but the souvenir sweats in large were sold out at the time. I thought maybe they would stretch out but this hasn’t been the case. Both my cement and steel pairs fit about the same. My girlfriend actually likes to steal them because she likes the fit on herself so much #womenofuniform

View attachment 1690091 If you’re buying a 31 in denim, you’re probably better off buying a large. The “relaxed” measurement is a 31 in the large, to account for stretch you prob could fit a 33-34 inch waist comfortably. So if you’re buying size 31s I’d buy a large. I usually buy size 29-30 in denim, my waist is truly a 31-32 inch waist depending on the season, so I usually buy a medium in uniform. I generally think of the “relaxed” measurement, as similar sizing to my “vanity sized” denim size. If you have sweats that fit well, I’d measure them and compare the points to the size guide. Hope that helps.

I would also add these look pretty good man. You could prob go with either large or medium.

my suggestion is focus on getting jacked and the rest falls in place.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
I feel like the entire leg is slim. Not my ideal fit but the souvenir sweats in large were sold out at the time so I couldn't exchange. I thought maybe they would stretch out but this hasn’t been the case. Both my cement and steel pairs fit about the same. My girlfriend actually likes to steal them because she likes the fit on herself so much #womenofuniform

They actually don't look that bad at all. But I can understand the comfort standpoint and if you're looking for a more "relaxed" fit. I wouldn't dwell too much about keeping them bc they're incredible imo.

NamD

Reaction score
I would love an xxl option or a slightly wider leg as the xl waist fits me fine

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my first pair of sunsets in the other day thanks to @Samir . A bit tighter in the waist than anticipated, but I'm loving these things. Hopefully we can get a sizable restock because I need allllll the colors.

View attachment 1689828

I'm glad you were able to get your hands on a pair and they worked out! We'll be bringing those back in the spring in new colors/patterns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads