• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4A4AB729-60B2-4F41-8889-AAC7CADA5B16.jpeg

artist long sleeve in size down

mrballs

Reaction score
Yeah i think tts definitely would have worked as well. The fit here from the side looks more like the normal LS crew in a tts.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait! Still tomorrow as planned?

Unfortunately, these are running a bit behind. We're set to receive everything tomorrow but won't have the flats because of a miscommunication on my part. I'm working to get them together as quickly as possible. I appreciate you guys being patient.

The colors turned out great. I'm excited for you guys to get them in hand.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, these are running a bit behind. We're set to receive everything tomorrow but won't have the flats because of a miscommunication on my part. I'm working to get them together as quickly as possible. I appreciate you guys being patient.

The colors turned out great. I'm excited for you guys to get them in hand.
Just some feedback from a soon-to-be-customer, it would be better if you give a relaxed timeline over constantly giving a tight timeline that you often miss. I have no issues with waiting, but my first reaction to seeing that you had replied in this thread was 'what's the delay gonna be about this time' as opposed to 'omg the Ts are gonna drop!'.
Hope you don't take this the wrong way, as I've appreciated your personal touches in this forum and the effort you make in responding to people here. I like the phrase 'Always under promise and over deliver, as opposed to over promise and under deliver'

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just some feedback from a soon-to-be-customer, it would be better if you give a relaxed timeline over constantly giving a tight timeline that you often miss. I have no issues with waiting, but my first reaction to seeing that you had replied in this thread was 'what's the delay gonna be about this time' as opposed to 'omg the Ts are gonna drop!'.
Hope you don't take this the wrong way, as I've appreciated your personal touches in this forum and the effort you make in responding to people here. I like the phrase 'Always under promise and over deliver, as opposed to over promise and under deliver'

I completely understand and appreciate your feedback. This process has been plagued with delays and I take ownership of communicating delivery dates that we didn't meet. As the head of a young brand, I've learned a lot in this experience and thank you guys for continuing to be patient with me while we continue to learn and improve.

I'm not sure how long you've followed the conversation here, but none of these are our normal drops. That's why there's no mention of the Artist Tee or Artist Long Sleeve (or any of the Vintage Tee colors) on any of our socials or in our emails. In the past, we've never put anything on the site without having full on-model shots. Our factory has also only been late on one delivery prior to this and by no where near as long as this one's been delayed.

Because of the delays, I floated the idea of putting pieces up before we had full creative (ecomm shots) so that members here who've been extremely supportive of the brand could grab them as soon as possible (without the delay of waiting for on model shots to be taken, edited, and posted). The idea was popular and we decided to move forward with it. While I recognize that I communicated an initial timeline that was way off (as I had no reason not to trust the timeline our factory gave), doing a soft release like this is completely new to us. While I've worked to communicate a timeline that I was assured would work, we've been unable to deliver on that timeline.

I've tried to be as transparent as possible through this whole process and to be accountable when we miss. Unfortunately, that transparency can be a double edged sword. I realize from the outside that a missed delivery date is annoying and I apologize. I also recognize that when it's continually missed it leads to the outlook that you noted when checking this thread.

I started this brand to build uncompromising clothing that people absolutely love and reach for daily. It's our goal to make the absolute best clothing out. In that mission, I'm continually looking for ways that we can improve and learning how to be better everyday.

I really appreciate your feedback and can assure you that I'm listening. Thank you.

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completely understand and appreciate your feedback. This process has been plagued with delays and I take ownership of communicating delivery dates that we didn't meet. As the head of a young brand, I've learned a lot in this experience and thank you guys for continuing to be patient with me while we continue to learn and improve.

I'm not sure how long you've followed the conversation here, but none of these are our normal drops. That's why there's no mention of the Artist Tee or Artist Long Sleeve (or any of the Vintage Tee colors) on any of our socials or in our emails. In the past, we've never put anything on the site without having full on-model shots. Our factory has also only been late on one delivery prior to this and by no where near as long as this one's been delayed.

Because of the delays, I floated the idea of putting pieces up before we had full creative (ecomm shots) so that members here who've been extremely supportive of the brand could grab them as soon as possible (without the delay of waiting for on model shots to be taken, edited, and posted). The idea was popular and we decided to move forward with it. While I recognize that I communicated an initial timeline that was way off (as I had no reason not to trust the timeline our factory gave), doing a soft release like this is completely new to us. While I've worked to communicate a timeline that I was assured would work, we've been unable to deliver on that timeline.

I've tried to be as transparent as possible through this whole process and to be accountable when we miss. Unfortunately, that transparency can be a double edged sword. I realize from the outside that a missed delivery date is annoying and I apologize. I also recognize that when it's continually missed it leads to the outlook that you noted when checking this thread.

I started this brand to build uncompromising clothing that people absolutely love and reach for daily. It's our goal to make the absolute best clothing out. In that mission, I'm continually looking for ways that we can improve and learning how to be better everyday.

I really appreciate your feedback and can assure you that I'm listening. Thank you.
thanks for that response.
I've followed the conversation here for quite a while, but not long enough to know the nuances of the new delivery method and the background behind the idea. I also accept that I probably look like some douche who's only been reading the forums for a short while and decided to speak but I guess it just came from the blue balls of waiting, since everyone who had experienced the brand had raved about it here and I wanted to try myself.

I should probably consider myself lucky, because I've found that most small brands don't even offer international shipping (especially during the pandemic) yet you guys are happy to.
Thanks for the transparency and I hope my few words don't discourage you from continuing that going forward, just think of it as a baby throwing the toys out the pram.

Wish you the best, and fingers crossed I can get my hands on the next drop :)

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for a second let’s take covid out of the picture and let’s talk about the logistics to making a very nice t-shirt, I’ll even break it into steps for you.

1.Discussions with the mill about fabric composition and feel.
2. If you pay enough they make you a sample or you use existing stock.
3. Order placed for fabric
4. Fabric arrives and needs to go through QC to ensure it’s up to specs
5. Fabric is taken to factory and cut and sewn
6. Shirts are delivered, need to go through QC again to ensure they are up to spec
7. If the fabric was not dyed, it needs to do through a dye process. A lot of the uniform shirts are garment dyed, meaning they are dyed after their construction
8. Shirts are dyed and delivered, again must go through QC.
9. If up to par and passed QC, a photographer is booked (unless samples were used for product shots)
10. Photographer takes flats and shots on model
11. Shots are touched up and edited
12. Images are uploaded to website
13. Stock is uploaded to site and are sold

Mind you, this does not even take into consideration the development process of making samples, testing colors, fit testing with a fit model, etc etc.

now let’s talk about the global pandemic going on. Covid shut down factories for quite some time, if they opened they were making masks. Due to the closures, manufacturing was delayed, that means at EACH factory (mill, production, dying). That’s 3 places that are delayed with their own timelines and own back logs. Most companies don’t own their own factories so they are also competing with other brands to get their products made as well. So great the factories are “open” now, but they have to adhere to safe practices ie less workers, more spacing. This results in even slower Processing because the throughput is now smaller.
Imagine being a brand putting in an order a shirt to be made and then along ever step of the way there are delays out of your control. Something that’s expected Friday, may not be able to be finished until Monday. And take into consideration the logistics regarding transportation of this product, we’ve all seen that simple things like our mail being sent by USPS has been delayed to COVID.
Take a step back and look at the intricacies of just making a t-shirt and then take into consideration COVID.
Give the man a break, he’s doing the best he can considering the GLOBAL PANDEMIC we are in.

And don’t think this just applies to UNIFORM. I know you follow John Elliott as well. Ever wonder why they release a product and when you go to click to buy it has a little text that says “this order won’t be shipped until September 24th”? They had a timeline when they wanted product to be released, “ok next Tuesday we are dropping the fleeces?” Guess what next Tuesday is approaching and the factories notified them because of delays the products won’t be in hand until September 23rd, so yeah they put up the link to buy, but you aren’t getting it for some time, even with the disclaimer I’ve seen numerous people say, “hey it’s XX date and my steelhead shorts haven’t been processed for shipment”.

if you’re really into fashion or want to learn more, I highly recommend reading business of fashion or subscribing to their podcast

TL;DR: making a t-shirt isn’t as easy as it sounds & expect delays due to covid

sorry for all the typos

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for a second let’s take covid out of the picture and let’s talk about the logistics to making a very nice t-shirt, I’ll even break it into steps for you.

1.Discussions with the mill about fabric composition and feel.
2. If you pay enough they make you a sample or you use existing stock.
3. Order placed for fabric
4. Fabric arrives and needs to go through QC to ensure it’s up to specs
5. Fabric is taken to factory and cut and sewn
6. Shirts are delivered, need to go through QC again to ensure they are up to spec
7. If the fabric was not dyed, it needs to do through a dye process. A lot of the uniform shirts are garment dyed, meaning they are dyed after their construction
8. Shirts are dyed and delivered, again must go through QC.
9. If up to par and passed QC, a photographer is booked (unless samples were used for product shots)
10. Photographer takes flats and shots on model
11. Shots are touched up and edited
12. Images are uploaded to website
13. Stock is uploaded to site and are sold

Mind you, this does not even take into consideration the development process of making samples, testing colors, fit testing with a fit model, etc etc.

now let’s talk about the global pandemic going on. Covid shut down factories for quite some time, if they opened they were making masks. Due to the closures, manufacturing was delayed, that means at EACH factory (mill, production, dying). That’s 3 places that are delayed with their own timelines and own back logs. Most companies don’t own their own factories so they are also competing with other brands to get their products made as well. So great the factories are “open” now, but they have to adhere to safe practices ie less workers, more spacing. This results in even slower Processing because the throughput is now smaller.
Imagine being a brand putting in an order a shirt to be made and then along ever step of the way there are delays out of your control. Something that’s expected Friday, may not be able to be finished until Monday. And take into consideration the logistics regarding transportation of this product, we’ve all seen that simple things like our mail being sent by USPS has been delayed to COVID.
Take a step back and look at the intricacies of just making a t-shirt and then take into consideration COVID.
Give the man a break, he’s doing the best he can considering the GLOBAL PANDEMIC we are in.

And don’t think this just applies to UNIFORM. I know you follow John Elliott as well. Ever wonder why they release a product and when you go to click to buy it has a little text that says “this order won’t be shipped until September 24th”? They had a timeline when they wanted product to be released, “ok next Tuesday we are dropping the fleeces?” Guess what next Tuesday is approaching and the factories notified them because of delays the products won’t be in hand until September 23rd, so yeah they put up the link to buy, but you aren’t getting it for some time, even with the disclaimer I’ve seen numerous people say, “hey it’s XX date and my steelhead shorts haven’t been processed for shipment”.

if you’re really into fashion or want to learn more, I highly recommend reading business of fashion or subscribing to their podcast

TL;DR: making a t-shirt isn’t as easy as it sounds & expect delays due to covid

sorry for all the typos

Thanks for that.
However I wasn't attempting to critique their business processes around producing a t shirt, I was merely commenting on the communication around the release dates. But that was before I knew about the fact that this was an informal arrangement for this forum members only and now I understand that anything said here is just a bonus and I look like a spoilt brat for complaining about such things about a bonus arrangement.
Tshirt making lessons appreciated though.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.
However I wasn't attempting to critique their business processes around producing a t shirt, I was merely commenting on the communication around the release dates. But that was before I knew about the fact that this was an informal arrangement for this forum members only and now I understand that anything said here is just a bonus and I look like a spoilt brat for complaining about such things about a bonus arrangement.
Tshirt making lessons appreciated though.
Yeah, he’s doing us a favor honestly, I feel bad for the people waiting on the artist tees, only to find out they are sold out in neutrals

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads