• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

MTPromises

Reaction score
@UNIFORMLA

1. After the debut of the artist tee, it seemed that product was always selling out quickly despite constantly upping the stock on each release. How do you go about trying to determine stock numbers for each release when the brand is expanding rapidly? Certain sizes especially. Larges seem to sellout last while the xs seem like they go too quickly.
2. Can you touch on the learning experience when working with different materials? You started with tees and french terry, but are no diving into some other materials like nylon, denim and possibly leather. How has the experienced creating product differed when working with the different materials?
3. Is there any product/category of product that you would love to make but are missing either the expertise, materials or the manufacturers? Such as bags, jewelry, or leather? The trucker hat made me think of this since there is very little cross over between creating a hat and tees
4. How many people worked for the brand when you first started? Around how many people do you employ now? Was there a specific moment when you felt the need to make a big jump in terms of employees (such as after the release of the artist tee)?
5. Do you have any advice to new entrepreneurs when starting a business?
6. Can you explain the process of how you create your own fabric for specific items such as the HW Artist? Where do you start and how long/how many iterations does it take for you to get the fabric you are after? How many different businesses are generally involved? I imagine it varies drastically based on the item.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UNIFORMLA what is the archetypal "Uniform LA guy" in your opinion? Or rather, is there a type of person you imagine when putting together your designs?

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post some great questions. I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with @Epaulet Tuesday morning in her beautiful home in Redondo Beach. As a veteran of the fashion industry with over two decades of experience, it's been great getting to know her and see everything that @Epaulet is doing firsthand. I'm really looking forward to sharing the podcast with everyone.

We addressed some of @Wally_SF , @nsubrmnn , and @ggss09 's questions. But unfortunately, I wasn't able to answer the questions that @MTPromises and @K. Nights asked as they came in while we were recording. I think they're great questions and am going to make some time to answer some of them this weekend.

I appreciate y'all. Thank you again for taking the time to post those.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@UNIFORMLA

Question: Soooo, when's the trucker dropping?

I reached out to our hat partner about this and am waiting to hear back. The I-10 Trucker Hat is in production. We're hoping to have it in the next couple of weeks and release it ASAP.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out to our hat partner about this and am waiting to hear back. The I-10 Trucker Hat is in production. We're hoping to have it in the next couple of weeks and release it ASAP.

Big head. Crossing my fingers this will work for me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post some great questions. I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with @Epaulet Tuesday morning in her beautiful home in Redondo Beach. As a veteran of the fashion industry with over two decades of experience, it's been great getting to know her and see everything that @Epaulet is doing firsthand. I'm really looking forward to sharing the podcast with everyone.

We addressed some of @Wally_SF , @nsubrmnn , and @ggss09 's questions. But unfortunately, I wasn't able to answer the questions that @MTPromises and @K. Nights asked as they came in while we were recording. I think they're great questions and am going to make some time to answer some of them this weekend.

I appreciate y'all. Thank you again for taking the time to post those.

Thank you so much for your time Pat... it was great meeting you!

I'm really excited to publish this interview... I think we can have it live and ready by next week. We touched on a lot of great subjects... Uni/Form's origin story, building a brand from the ground up, effects of the pandemic, greatest hits, surprise misses, and advice for anyone thinking about entering the biz. I hope that everyone enjoys listening as much as we enjoyed doing it!

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Original Weight Artist Tees and Vintage Crew Necks are restocking tomorrow along with the Vintage Field Shorts (our nylon shorts). Our Original Weight Tees are made of our custom 10.5-ounce Supima jersey (which would be most brand's heavyweight tee). These tees are a perfect four-season weight that's incredibly comfortable, substantial, breathable, and pamperingly soft.

We're dropping everything at 10AM (PDT) tomorrow (9/30). I'll post links once everything is live. The complete drop is:

ARTIST TEE
White
Black
Washed Navy
Washed Black
Washed Whiskey
Ivory
Oat
Dusk

VINTAGE CREW NECK
White
Black
Washed Navy
Washed Black
Washed Whiskey
Ivory
Oat

VINTAGE FIELD SHORTS
Black
Midnight
Bark
Caribou
Conifer

Last edited:

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Just copped the field shorts!

Finally able to buy artist washed navy tee! Thanks!

love mine, the washed navy pairs so well with cream IMO

IMG_2619.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads