• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

isculpt

Reaction score
this is why I love uniform LA

a competing streetwear brand isn't going to sell thin, lesser quality terry for 2x+ the price sustainably

JE got lost in the sauce imo. You cant inflate price points to frivolous territory while simultaneously reducing quality. That is not a model id be willing to invest in, or support tbh :rotflmao:
Aside from the new leather program, across the board, the designs/quality have gone down.
Just look at the Bogota Bomber. Went from Made in USA with Riri zips for ~$400 to Made in China with YKK's for ~500 within like 3 years. And all the different tie-dye finishes got me lossst bro.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Aside from the new leather program, across the board, the designs/quality have gone down.
Just look at the Bogota Bomber. Went from Made in USA with Riri zips for ~$400 to Made in China with YKK's for ~500 within like 3 years. And all the different tie-dye finishes got me lossst bro.

thats terrible. i know a couple other brands are guilty of same, but it just feels super abrupt and forced with JE ?‍♂️

isculpt

Reaction score
thats terrible. i know a couple other brands are guilty of same, but it just feels super abrupt and forced with JE ?‍♂️
I even brought this up in the JE thread and Mike from JE tried to defend it by saying "Just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's a downgrade in quality, YKK zippers are just as good as the Riri's...etc" but we allll know that's smoke.

If the quality was really the same whether it's made in their USA or their China factories, why the sweats and leather jackets still made in LA?
?‍♂️

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I even brought this up in the JE thread and Mike from JE tried to defend it by saying "Just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's a downgrade in quality, YKK zippers are just as good as the Riri's...etc" but we allll know that's smoke.

If the quality was really the same whether it's made in their USA or their China factories, why the sweats and leather jackets still made in LA?
?‍♂️
Not trying to disagree with you as I understand your sentiment and I agree JE has been cutting corners but I own the Bogota bomber that’s made in China with the RiRi and the jacket itself is still ?. Idk how much of a difference it is with the made in USA version but by no means do I feel as though the jacket is cheap.

JSK165

Reaction score
Guys, that's why we gotta eat now, in a year Pat is going be giving us $1k distressed cashmere crop tops, stock up /s

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a good look bashing other brand in this thread lol it's been hashed over and over again in the actual JE thread so why pollute this thread with that ****? Just praise uniform la for what they've done. No need to talk trash about other brands to achieve that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads