• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sensuki

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Draper's lady san felice book and could share a photo of a dark grey (maybe charcoal or 1 shade lighter) flannel. Looking for a pair of odd flannel trousers in the 11oz range. Thanks

Maybe not quite as nice but Huddersfield Fine Worsteds have some 11oz italian (woollen) flannel in the WInter Classics II bunch. I have some trousers from that bunch and I like them.

4r36

Reaction score
Guys,

my research of the fabric for a DB odd jacket came to an end, with an unexpected outcome.

I bought this nice wool/linen blend from Ariston, whose color is a mustardish brown, as it were.

However, while looking at the different bunches, I bumped into this wool/silk blend in houndstooth:

I've been looking for something similar, unfortunately without success, since when I saw the pictures of the Lovat tweed for London Lounge. How could I have not brought it home?

Moral of the story, I will now commission a SB odd jacket for F/W, while the fabric for the DB becomes an unfounded liability. If someone is interested in it, just PM me, as I have no time to make it done in the immediate future?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a length of the Negroni tweed for fun. Waaaaaaay out of my comfort zone, but it’s going to be a casual coat anyway. 100 Hands is making it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That "The Negroni Tweed" is too loud for me, but it would be cool on the right kind of guy. 1970s sleazy style, white pants, loafers etc.

Dark pants and tie in those previous pics dont look right to me. You need neutral bright pants and an open collar

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m trying to stay at 2k. If that is too low for a great suit, I’ll hold off for six months. Would appreciate advise on what a fair price is. I’m in Southern California

Chan might be a good option at around 2k

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads