• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that Russell Plaid ^^^ I have been playing around with getting a SC made of it but I would probably wear it less than my Black Tie in a year

(yes, i posted the russell plaids as a tangent regarding loud jackets...)

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(yes, i posted the russell plaids as a tangent regarding loud jackets...)
Russell plaids are cool. I think my first tweed jacket once I get around to making one would probably be Russell plaid

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybo

loud

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that Russell Plaid ^^^ I have been playing around with getting a SC made of it but I would probably wear it less than my Black Tie in a year

Dont you wear black tie like 4 days a week? :)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dear @Despos,

Your tutorials are so precious!

This happened in the Ongoing Bespoke Projects Thread, page 266, with the gentleman's linen PoW: while the plaid in the torso has the dark brown line in the top / beige line in the bottom, in the patch pockets it's the inverse.

Cheers,

Dimitris
You are correct sir!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What’s the ideal sport coat weight? I’ve already blown out two jackets in the elbows.
Don't know if weight is as much the point as the tensile strength of the yarns. In the multiple decades I've been doing this have never seen jackets wear thru at the elbow but have seen it happen 4 times over the last couple years. On two jackets we patched the hole and added elbow patches. One with suede, the other with the same cloth as the jacket. Had the cloth on hand or was able to order the cloth for the other two jackets and made new sleeves.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if weight is as much the point as the tensile strength of the yarns. In the multiple decades I've been doing this have never seen jackets wear thru at the elbow but have seen it happen 4 times over the last couple years. On two jackets we patched the hole and added elbow patches. One with suede, the other with the same cloth as the jacket. Had the cloth on hand or was able to order the cloth for the other two jackets and made new sleeves.

It may be me and how I work. I’m dealing with a bout of elbow bursitis at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads