• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

birdlives80

Reaction score
Just ordered Derek’s oxford, will post once I get it. Gonna do my typical Hemrajani order with it, basic Neapolitan spread, French placket no pocket no gauntlet button. Been pretty pleased with their work so far.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And his Oxford offer?

birdlives80

Reaction score
And his Oxford offer?
He was selling some oxford cloth on his website last week he had found that was then discontinued, as well as his summer tweed fabric. I believe the oxford was sold out but think there was still the tweed left.

birdlives80

Reaction score
He was selling some oxford cloth on his website last week he had found that was then discontinued, as well as his summer tweed fabric. I believe the oxford was sold out but think there was still the tweed left.
I had previously bugged him via email about oxford cloth so it was a fortuitious development.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered Derek’s oxford, will post once I get it. Gonna do my typical Hemrajani order with it, basic Neapolitan spread, French placket no pocket no gauntlet button. Been pretty pleased with their work so far.

Oxford with French placket seems a little too cute - Oxford seems a bit too rustic for that

birdlives80

Reaction score
Oxford with French placket seems a little too cute - Oxford seems a bit too rustic for that
Eh, I disagree. Bought one from kamakura years ago and realized didn’t need a placket. Oxford is so commonplace and in light blue it really has no rustic connotation. Besides, at the point a cloth would be out of place in a suit and tie rig, I highly doubt the existence of a placket would be a deciding factor.

JFK_88

Reaction score
Hello fellow style afficionados!

Last fall I went to a Nordstrom Rack store in the DC area to randomly browse for a nice sportcoat and I found one made by Hickey Freeman from either the 2016 or 2017 fall collection that I fell in love with. It was an oatmeal//cream/beige brown houndstooth pattern made from a Bactrian Baby Camel Wool/Silk mixture from Loro Piana. It looked amazing, but unfortunately they did not have it in a complicated size like my 48L; however the 48R already looked perfect in cut, drape etc. no wrinkles, just too short overall otherwise i'd have bought that one...generally speaking rare that I ever saw an of the rack unlined sportcoat fit that well. Anyhow, as a sartorially minded fellow I couldn't get that jacket out of my head and I'd love to possibly have one made this fall, maybe in the same fabric which was as soft and light as anything you could wish for. I would be curious if anyone knows this particular fabric from Loro Piana or a good tailor in the DC area they could recommend who has a good selection from Loro Piana fabrics? Or maybe a great, soft, light houndstooth brown/cream/beige alternative fabric you might know? I found one picture of the fabric of the jacket in question and will attach it to my post. Also found a cashmere wool alternative from Loro Piana, is that as good as the Bactrian Baby Camel? Will also add a picture of the kind of look I had in mind. Thanks in advance for answers, tips, etc.

Attachments

• 9a3aef712e0b34115bfcc90d29016525.jpg
    9a3aef712e0b34115bfcc90d29016525.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 82-405N1_127252-22_pattern_1170x1170.jpg
    82-405N1_127252-22_pattern_1170x1170.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_7617.JPG
    DSC_7617.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 53

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow style afficionados!

Last fall I went to a Nordstrom Rack store in the DC area to randomly browse for a nice sportcoat and I found one made by Hickey Freeman from either the 2016 or 2017 fall collection that I fell in love with. It was an oatmeal//cream/beige brown houndstooth pattern made from a Bactrian Baby Camel Wool/Silk mixture from Loro Piana. It looked amazing, but unfortunately they did not have it in a complicated size like my 48L; however the 48R already looked perfect in cut, drape etc. no wrinkles, just too short overall otherwise i'd have bought that one...generally speaking rare that I ever saw an of the rack unlined sportcoat fit that well. Anyhow, as a sartorially minded fellow I couldn't get that jacket out of my head and I'd love to possibly have one made this fall, maybe in the same fabric which was as soft and light as anything you could wish for. I would be curious if anyone knows this particular fabric from Loro Piana or a good tailor in the DC area they could recommend who has a good selection from Loro Piana fabrics? Or maybe a great, soft, light houndstooth brown/cream/beige alternative fabric you might know? I found one picture of the fabric of the jacket in question and will attach it to my post. Also found a cashmere wool alternative from Loro Piana, is that as good as the Bactrian Baby Camel? Will also add a picture of the kind of look I had in mind. Thanks in advance for answers, tips, etc.

Will Fields will take care of you but just know his style is a british cut. Ask him to cup the skirt.

37F4FD65-3380-48C0-9375-CA988DB0F81E.jpeg

28CA9739-AB75-47AA-AE3F-408123C00E27.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads