• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LL Ultimate is a lovely beast. Hitchcock made one up for me. It is, however, for cool weather— especially if you get the darker of the two navies.
I may be saving that for something special. I don’t understand the concept of multiple blue blazers.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Ultimate navy blazer is not a workhorse fabric and very soft. It is a woolen and worsted mix.

The heavy mock-Leno would be a good three season cloth

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I may be saving that for something special. I don’t understand the concept of multiple blue blazers.
It’s a Yankee thing. The Ivy League navy blue blazer is the most important staple in a New England wardrobe. Gold/Brass buttons are a must. I have one for every season.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had 8 blue blazers/jackets.
Have none at present.
SB with different button/pocket configurations.
Multiple DB’s
Various cloths, cloth weights and textures.
All different to serve different purposes in the wardrobe.
Also divided between Chicago and Dallas.
Had a wardrobe in each city.

Have a cloth for the next one, 10/11 ounce
90/10 wool cashmere, it’s either navy/midnight or navy/black textured weave that is similar to barleycorn but not barleycorn. Cloth so unique, had to buy it.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Have none at present.
Multiple DB’s

90/10 wool cashmere, it’s either navy/midnight or navy/black textured weave that is similar to barleycorn but not barleycorn. Cloth so unique, had to buy it.
Would love to see a picture of that cloth. Who was the merchant/mill?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Loro Piana, dead stock, have had the cloth around 15 years.

used the cloth frequently with clients, saved one for me.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a Yankee thing. The Ivy League navy blue blazer is the most important staple in a New England wardrobe. Gold/Brass buttons are a must. I have one for every season.

Have none at present.
Multiple DB’s

Yikes, I’m not ready for that level of commitment Obi Wan. When are you making up the purple number you have stashed away?

I will give the 13 oz mock leno a go when I’m ready to pull the trigger.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t own a blue blazer but have three unfunded liabilities.

One heavy mock leno (400g), one blue black mock leno (300g), and one LL ultimate navy blazer.

Which one would you go with to fill your need for one blue blazer moving forward?
The 300g is too light for a one-blazer and blue-black is too dark. A very trusted tailor did not like the Ultimate Navy Blazer so I sold my length. Assuming the 400g mock leno is the right shade of navy then go with that or, better yet, grab a length of what Despos has in mind.

Last edited:

JHWilliams

Reaction score
The 300g is too light for a one-blazer and blue-black is too dark. A very trusted tailor did not like the Ultimate Navy Blazer so I sold my length. Assuming the 400g mock leno is the right shade of navy then go with that or, better yet, grab a length of what Despos has in mind.
What didn’t he like about the ultimate navy blazer? It drapes very well. Usually tailors don’t like the tissue paper cloth.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious about this too. I like the cloth. My issue with the LL Ultimate blazer fabric was, when thinking about a Fall / Winter Navy Sports Jacket, I thought I'd rather have a cashmere jacket than a lambswool. But I liked the fabric.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear Gentlemen,

Two pertinent questions if you don't mind: how heavy was/is the LL Ultimate Blazer fabric?

Which exactly is its composition? If memory serves, I think it is a mix.

Best,

Dimitris

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Darkest navy Mock Leno today.

IMG_2349.jpeg

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same darkest Mock Leno as a three-piece suit and the lighest navy as a DB. Since people seem surprised that trousers in this fabric can be tailored, I traveled from Asia to Europe in the three-piece suit, and have been using both as my workhorse garments for the last couple of weeks. So far so good. Creases are as sharp as in the day I received the garments.

1685613675789.png

1685613870971.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads