• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Those are very different from the Botany and Lesser 13. But also very nice. I have made two (lost one to moths) and have a few safety copies in the archives.
I Have one length left of the lesser 16. Did Harrison’s re-issue this bunch after the merger? Or did they let the book run down after the merger ?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contemplating doing a NxNW inspired suit with Redmayne. Others who have done the research seem to point to a blue/grey sort of RAF adjacent glencheck. Holland and Sherry has one in the Classic Worsted bunch they say is close to the original.

Keeping with the thoughts above. Any suggestions on other mid-weight 11-15oz blue grey Glenchecks that are worth checking out? Harrison’s seems to have one in the Fine Classics bunch. Alfred Brown has one in the 14oz range I think.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was disappointed to have missed out on those subscriptions. They were offered before I joined the forum. There was a grey and blue herringbone, as I recall ?
Which fabric are you talking about from LL? I can’t even remember it.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Contemplating doing a NxNW inspired suit with Redmayne. Others who have done the research seem to point to a blue/grey sort of RAF adjacent glencheck. Holland and Sherry has one in the Classic Worsted bunch they say is close to the original.

Keeping with the thoughts above. Any suggestions on other mid-weight 11-15oz blue grey Glenchecks that are worth checking out? Harrison’s seems to have one in the Fine Classics bunch. Alfred Brown has one in the 14oz range I think.

Fox Classic Worsteds bunch had some beautiful Glen checks. Weights range from 12-14

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I Have one length left of the lesser 16. Did Harrison’s re-issue this bunch after the merger? Or did they let the book run down after the merger ?
Run down. Harrisons1863.com has the current state of affairs.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i was disappointed to have missed out on those subscriptions. They were offered before I joined the forum. There was a grey and blue herringbone, as I recall ?
Mid grey, what Alden called RAF but was really midnight with sapphire flecks, and a very dark grey.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Classic Worsteds bunch had some beautiful Glen checks. Weights range from 12-14
Yes that new bunch looks like there are some promising options for other projects in there generally but nothing suitable for this project. Looking forward to getting my hands on that bunch soon.

Long shot but may as well throw it out there - Anyone have a length of the LL POW Brisa they aren't going to end up using?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes that new bunch looks like there are some promising options for other projects in there generally but nothing suitable for this project. Looking forward to getting my hands on that bunch soon.

Long shot but may as well throw it out there - Anyone have a length of the LL POW Brisa they aren't going to end up using?
Ask Alden

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The in stock list is super out dated. Been out of the POW brisa for months.
Ahhh. I was looking at that list. I’d imagine you can get a comparable fabric from mills / merchants. Not exactly an uncommon fabric

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brisa quality is unusual. Lovat Mill has some patterns in it, though.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Marlings and Evan undyed wool collection? The diamond weave has caught my eye but I've seen several fabric codes for these. I'm trying to discern which one visibly reads as gray (rather than the ones that read as brown). Thank you.
I have the undyed POW and really like it. It’s definitely more tan/sand-ish than grey

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Brisa quality is unusual. Lovat Mill has some patterns in it, though.

Do you find any differences between Brisa and the Bard? I have clicked through the book and they appear to be the exact same to me. Same weight, same weave, same finish.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No firm idea. Doubt anyone who knows for sure will tell you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads