• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OT: Hey folks, I know some of you may not be on the Watch thread, so I wanted to post over here. I had an opportunity to join Windup NYC this year thanks to a late drop out. The dates are October 21-23rd, please roll through and say hello if you are in the city. Apologies for the shameless plug, just excited for my little company.

https://windupwatchfair.com/

-DL

JTrent82

Reaction score
Can anyone identify Simon's jacket here?
1664299909592.png

konstantis

Reaction score
Hi , may I ask if anyone had ever made a jacket from the following fabric ? I would like to know how it feels . Thanks.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At present, MOSTLY theoretical, though with a semi-consistent return to office/proper attire mandate somewhere in the future (I live in LA for now, don't judge our absurd ways), and the pained realization that most RTW doesn't jive with my physique/preferences, wanted to get SF input on cloth preferences for odd trousers.
Obviously, you've got the flannel/fresco for colder/warmer months, but what would y'all rate as second best for each season? The ideal would be a relatively low maintenance fabric that holds a decent crease with use.
I think I've mostly settled on cavalry/covert for cooler seasons (though fully open to suggestions), but trying to suss out good options for warmer weather.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At present, MOSTLY theoretical, though with a semi-consistent return to office/proper attire mandate somewhere in the future (I live in LA for now, don't judge our absurd ways), and the pained realization that most RTW doesn't jive with my physique/preferences, wanted to get SF input on cloth preferences for odd trousers.
Obviously, you've got the flannel/fresco for colder/warmer months, but what would y'all rate as second best for each season? The ideal would be a relatively low maintenance fabric that holds a decent crease with use.
I think I've mostly settled on cavalry/covert for cooler seasons (though fully open to suggestions), but trying to suss out good options for warmer weather.

linens? I also have a pair of LP trousers in “summertime” or something like that which are super light and cool on hot days

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about just doing alternative types of high twists? Fresco, 2 ply, 4 ply, etc. I like my linen trews but find they're a little bit limiting comparatively. Other than that - WSL isn't a bad option.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Hi , may I ask if anyone had ever made a jacket from the following fabric ? I would like to know how it feels . Thanks.

I was admiring this the other day. In the weight category I’m always looking for.

konstantis

Reaction score

Attachments

• CE0AD98D-A295-4D44-8676-903A7C9A5D45.jpeg
    CE0AD98D-A295-4D44-8676-903A7C9A5D45.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 32
  • F38CD8E3-BD72-474E-A26D-1D264E6C45C3.jpeg
    F38CD8E3-BD72-474E-A26D-1D264E6C45C3.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 67
  • A7A0E63E-E710-499D-831F-CD95F39B4465.jpeg
    A7A0E63E-E710-499D-831F-CD95F39B4465.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 70

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a length I've been contemplating selling. On the fence though. On one hand, green is awesome. On the other, super difficult to wear I find. Someone help convince me to keep or sell it please haha.
How many meters do you have? Is it the NMWA wool cashmere version or the original all wool version?

Either one, I'm willing to buy from you. Probably will get made by Zizolfi.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads