• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Hahaha. I know. It was a hell of a job to find some examples to address the combo I have in mind. So an oversized and a slim n short fit it is.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.
Dormeuil Tonik (or whatever they call the non-90% mohair now or something of that ilk.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.
Your wedding, and you have to take it on faith about the level of formality?

If you insist on navy, there are lots of options. Much depends on exactly how warm it is.

Since it is a social suit going back into the workwear rotation, probably plain or very subtle pattern. No stripes, but herringbone, nailheads, or discreet POW could work. Birdseye, too. I am thinking of getting a midweight navy suit for evenings out, and have considered the Escorial 11oz birdseye.
If not that, there are lots of warhorses. Lesser 8/9oz, Harrisons Frontier, Minnis Fresco (10oz), Finmeresco 3-ply (the lighter stuff). If you have thinner blood or cooler temperatures, Lesser 13oz.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one does Donkey colored cloth(Greyish Brown) better than Drapers Italy right now.

Dark:
39962796-06D2-43EA-B6EC-98CED94B90A2.jpeg

Light
76E87242-1599-4473-B518-028483D448C0.jpeg

Side by side
80C6FF1E-67B6-4278-9631-E4928899C6D8.jpeg

camez_

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey Man!

I was looking at the 84815 22oz Camelhair.
Could you perhaps double check the price and shoot me a DM?

Thank you very much!

I already got you a very reasonable offer, just sayin.

Not even bought but thinking about this one for my next SC
looks quite amazing in real life:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A number of guys have asked for a dark grey 0126 Rangoon as well so I’m going to post it here to see if we can get a small run in along with the dark navy (which has met MOQ) and ship them both out ETA mid August. Please PM if interested. Will send orders to the mill by the end of this week. Thanks.

For reference, the grey below the proposed 0126 is Oxford grey. 0126 is a dark grey with mottling.

View attachment 1797518

Quick update. There is a production delay on the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. I am trying to get a new delivery date for them and will post it here as soon as I get more details. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Marshak

Reaction score
I already got you a very reasonable offer, just sayin.

Not even bought but thinking about this one for my next SC
looks quite amazing in real life:

Nice tweeds. Never heard of Marton Mills before you. Thanks.

camez_

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice tweeds. Never heard of Marton Mills before you. Thanks.

i can introduce you to another one as soon as i have my hands on their range
otherwise, please refrain to the information shared in the dm

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update. There is a production delay on the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. I am trying to get a new delivery date for them and will post it here as soon as I get more details. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I've got a revised date of late September/early October for delivery of the navy and dark grey Rangoon runs. Apologies for the delay.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of us at northern latitudes, a delay is zero problem. Thanks for the update.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Anyone have any real world experience or pictures of this fabric? Heck, at this point has anyone even seen other pictures of it?

Attachments

• DD09E545-8C2D-4243-92ED-5442C85D905B.png
    DD09E545-8C2D-4243-92ED-5442C85D905B.png
    546.7 KB · Views: 120

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics