• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I only have an old price list here. I guess it will now be about 300-350 € per Meter, + Tax and shipping. I have to ask my fabric agent for the current price.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Rather random question here, but does anybody have real-life pictures of Fresco III fabric 510233 (pine green) or 510234 (olive)? I'm considering making a DB suit out of one of these fabrics, but I've noticed some discrepancies between swatch books (see sample images attached). Would be really helpful to see some true-to-life colors on a suit or trousers. Thanks!

Edit:
In general, can anyone recommend me a fabric that looks like the movie stills below? I'll be using it in warmer weather/indoors—hence, the Fresco consideration. But I'd like to find something as close to this color as possible. Only condition is that it's less ideally than 300g and mostly wool. Thanks!

Attachments

• 43515179081_fb6373c8f3_k.jpeg
    43515179081_fb6373c8f3_k.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 4.47.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 4.47.56 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Capture 004 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    Screen Capture 004 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Capture 006 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    Screen Capture 006 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Capture 009 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    Screen Capture 009 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Capture 024 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    Screen Capture 024 - Disney+ - Video Player - www.disneyplus.com.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

ChristianHendrik

Reaction score
Good morning jrd617,

I am interested in getting myself a jacket in the teviot 986 that you also have. Do you happen to have some pictures of the final jacket you made out of it? I would love to see how the cloth looks when put together.

Putting up 3 2 1 length of cloth that I can't afford to have made up in the near future.
wRng2k.jpg

1). Lovat Mill, Teviot 986, 2.5 meters, 430 g/m weight
SOLD

I found this to be the perfect green, medium-weight, windowpane tweed. I already have a solid green tweed jacket from S. Partenopea and haven't been able to justify making this cloth up. This one really makes me think twice about selling. It's absolutely stunning and would look great with wool trousers and denim alike.

Bought from InTweed originally. Note that it is not nearly as dark as pictured on their site (they have bad photos): http://www.intweed.co.uk/goods-for-...skins/lightweight-lovat-mill-teviot-tweed-986

MSRP on 2.5 meters of this stuff is $203.24 (converted from £150.35)
My price: $170 shipped CONUS (equivalent of 15% off MSRP with free shipping included)

EBH1L0.jpg

e1FNqi.jpg

8wNmyi.jpg

83jdHo.jpg

YTkUOk.jpg

1hthg5.jpg

cqZlUv.png

2). Hardy Minnis, 0519 Fresco in "Wheat" color, 4 meters total in 2 pieces, 9/10 oz weight

b7tdDX.jpg

fbS911.jpg

YkRJ0P.jpg

7e614bc2616d0a9d3b024cfca0483ea6.jpg

3). (Most likely) Hardy Minnis, blue fresco that is different from the standard blues in the Minnis range, 3.5 meters, estimated 14-15 oz weight
SOLD
1f9J4B.jpg

IiKhHc.jpg

t7Odal.jpg

jgrcRN.jpg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once again would like your informed suggestions on something. I’m in need of a navy cloth for a three piece suit that’ll be worn for my wedding. It’ll likely be an outdoor affair (but wonderful weather). I’m told it won’t be “super formal.” No tuxedos in sight. Groomsmen will be in medium gray suits.

That said- navy recommendations? It’ll be in the rotation as a workwear suit afterwards.
Are you getting a suit made for a wedding that isn’t yours?

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score

hot-warm weather bunches:
dugdale tropicalair
H lesser 313 8/9oz
Fox Air
Standeven explorer
Minnis fresco lite

warm-cool weather:
Dugdale new fine worsted
Fox City
Smith Woollens abacus
Drapers ascot/smith finmeresco 4ply
Minnis fresco 2ply

all are solidified durable workhorse bunches

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Check out the Finmeresco 3-ply. Good for warmer weather, and I prefer it to the 4-ply. There is also a somewhat less classic but very effective "high-twist" 10oz in that book. If you find a color you like, it could be useful.

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
I am probably the outlier here, but I found the classic Tasmanian 150s from Loro Piana to be a sweet spot for my every day suits in all seasons.
Could be more on the pricy end though - I have not had a suit made since a couple years as I switched to only getting strictly seasonal stuff done for myself.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Thanks all. I’m definitely trying to avoid sweating to death. Also trying to avoid the “just another navy suit” effect.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I’m definitely trying to avoid sweating to death. Also trying to avoid the “just another navy suit” effect.

The Finmeresco and Drapers Ascot bunch or breathable, high twist wools and have a both a lighter and darker navy. I have one in the light navy and it is still in the traditional window but also stand apart from the standard somber dark navy suit.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Gents,

I am looking for an allround, 3 season light grey wool with a very subtle glencheck pattern. To be worn with a heavy navy Fresco (3-ply) jacket.

Inspiration:

2A3B9E47-5DCF-4375-AAD9-3B304EA79993.jpeg

broek.jpg

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm... usually, when you go that light in glen check, the black/white contrast becomes more obvious.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A Japanese dude pretending to be a careless Italian? That's got to be one of the fashion shows.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I am looking for an allround, 3 season light grey wool with a very subtle glencheck pattern. To be worn with a heavy navy Fresco (3-ply) jacket.

Inspiration, but may even be less noticable:

View attachment 1824601

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
That is one of the most unflattering fits that still looks pretty expensive, I have ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads