• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a cloth similar to this Tollegno cashmere chestnut? Epaulet (from whom I yoinked the picture) had it available in a recent promotion, but fabric was only available for one sport coat, and it was sold before I could grab it.

Attachments

• Tollegno Chestnut Pure Cashmere.jpg
    Tollegno Chestnut Pure Cashmere.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 126

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've a bespoke one by Tofani. I'd say it's a 2 seasons suit, mainly useful in autumn and spring. It's super open weave (certainly the most airy you'll find on the market with the Drago hopsack) but also quite heavy, so difficult to wear in hard winter and high summer. A strange beast for sure but with an amazing drape and feeling, like an ultimate hopsack. Do it if you have already all the staples in your wardrobe.

View attachment 1818302
Looks to be competing in the same space as Harrison Spring Ram-- which is about 13oz but has a seriously aggressive percentage in Cheviot wool, so feels even heavier. Lovely stuff.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking to have a tuxedo made for work in a restaurant, and looking for recommendations on cloth thanks
Depends on a few things, like climate you'll be working in, chances you'll get to clean/press it, and so on. Because it is for work and you may be running around a lot, consider lighter weight and breathable but durable and able to hold its shape. As strange as it may sound, that could take you to 9/10oz Fresco (Minnis) or 3-ply Finmeresco -- assuming you don't need to look as suave as every one of your guests.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few nice things in the Fox limited edition book. Trousers arrived from the light blue wool/linen blend (thank you, NsM!). Lighter weight than you'd think from the description, and a tad less elegant. That is, it appears to be a pale, featherweight denim. Should be nice for wearing under summer blazers, which was the main target.

Also, by a strange coincidence, I was able to see a bolt of the Grant herringbone with claret stripe. Coincidence because I was going to ask my tailor to order it for a 3-piece suit. Absolutely epic blend of colors, in just the right weight for some season other than this hellish one.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to have a tuxedo made for work in a restaurant, and looking for recommendations on cloth thanks

Would go with either. If I was gonna get a beater tux made bespoke this would be it. Has natural stretch, drapes well (335 gsm) and I find the faille weave a great surface texture for a tux. Worn this particular cloth in the summer dog days of SE Asia and it is better than most of my other tux fabrics in terms of ventilation and moisture wicking. I would not go barathea as it does not ventilate well compared to other cloths and lightweight baratheas are simply the worst imo!

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
I can chime in by saying that when I first saw this thread I was like "why would you have that much cloth ordered?" and now I am like "I just bought cloth for a summer suit and additional summer trousers whilst my backlog is still five items long"...

So here it goes, I only have the pictures from the books though.

IMG_0307.jpeg

Its the 986003CP one

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7029.jpeg

757602CP one and from the same book...
IMG_0308.jpeg

...757505CP - you can see the Cashmere Pure Opulence fabric from the winter jacket here as well

IMG_8056.jpeg

B5E59AD4-203B-4091-8F55-ED4361998608.jpg

Both pictures show the same cloth, but both fail to show its actual colour... it is 330g 100% linen from Maison Hellard in "Bleuet" colour

IMG_3560.jpeg

From the Serge & Solana book from H&S ... and again two pics of the same fabric:
IMG_8066.jpeg

0CAE1F4A-72DC-4748-A5D9-262DD1BA9C39.jpg

...this time it is the "Moka" colour from Maison Hellard's 330g Linen

...and the worst part is, I already have a couple more cloths in my mind that I would order next. I guess my backlog will never be emtpy again.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"why would you have that much cloth ordered?"

You can never have enough cloth! :slayer:

The correct number of suits to own is n+1. While the minimum number of suits one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of suits currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of suits owned that would result in separation from your partner.
Inspired by the Velominati rules (google it.)

Sreezy36

Reaction score
I can chime in by saying that when I first saw this thread I was like "why would you have that much cloth ordered?" and now I am like "I just bought cloth for a summer suit and additional summer trousers whilst my backlog is still five items long"...

So here it goes, I only have the pictures from the books though.

View attachment 1820556
Its the 986003CP one

View attachment 1820558
757602CP one and from the same book...
View attachment 1820559
...757505CP - you can see the Cashmere Pure Opulence fabric from the winter jacket here as well

View attachment 1820560
View attachment 1820562
Both pictures show the same cloth, but both fail to show its actual colour... it is 330g 100% linen from Maison Hellard in "Bleuet" colour

View attachment 1820563
From the Serge & Solana book from H&S ... and again two pics of the same fabric:
View attachment 1820564
View attachment 1820565
...this time it is the "Moka" colour from Maison Hellard's 330g Linen

...and the worst part is, I already have a couple more cloths in my mind that I would order next. I guess my backlog will never be emtpy again.

Good cloth selections.
How do you plan to spec each garment? Also, which bespoke tailoring style?

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
Good cloth selections.
How do you plan to spec each garment? Also, which bespoke tailoring style?

For the coat, it will be a double breasted one, not sure yet if it will be a full polo coat, but I have been enjoying post box pockets very much so there is a good chance they will reappear.

For the jacket and the trousers it will be in the same style as my most recent commission - see ongoing bespoke projects thread.

For the suit I am still undecided. It has always felt „wrong“ to me to have a suit where the jacket has patch pockets, but with the linen stuff I might cave in and just use more or less same style as for single jacket, but as a suit. It is going to be a not soooo city look anyways.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Currently contemplating cloth selection for a DB Polo Coat.
I was originally thinking of going with the 640g Camelhair from Harrisons (the lighter colour of the two), but my tailor isn't able to source the fabric / from what i heard it is ridicolously expensive for Camel (about 450€ per M). Can someone confirm this?

Most other Camelhairs I found (like Standeven/Ellis Snowdonia or LP) are either to yellow/orange in colour or to light in weight (640g being the lower end of what I wanted).

Does someone here have any other suggestions?

I found this Loden too https://www.leichtfried-loden.com/produkt/bekleidung-symmetry-640-doubleface-600-5023-5023/ does someone have experience with this?

Best
Johannes

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was originally thinking of going with the 640g Camelhair from Harrisons (the lighter colour of the two), but my tailor isn't able to source the fabric / from what i heard it is ridicolously expensive for Camel (about 450€ per M). Can someone confirm this?

Most other Camelhairs I found (like Standeven/Ellis Snowdonia or LP) are either to yellow/orange in colour or to light in weight (640g being the lower end of what I wanted).

I found this Loden too https://www.leichtfried-loden.com/produkt/bekleidung-symmetry-640-doubleface-600-5023-5023/ does someone have experience with this?

Best
Johannes

That price sounds high for the Harrisons Camel hair, but I dont know what country you are in/ taxes, etc. Either way, as long as its in your budget, get the cloth you really want. Its usually not the main price driver of a commission and the price differential turns out to be small over the life of the garment.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
That price sounds high for the Harrisons Camel hair, but I dont know what country you are in/ taxes, etc. Either way, as long as its in your budget, get the cloth you really want. Its usually not the main price driver of a commission and the price differential turns out to be small over the life of the garment.

Thanks for the response.
I am located in Germany.

Sreezy36

Reaction score

Best
Johannes

im more than likely going to do a DB camel colored topcoat for my next overcoat.

Now I’m trying to figure out the weight, composition, and the shade of camel.

I’m leaning towards 450-500 grams. Matte surface texture and camel shade dark enough to mask stains.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Best
Johannes

450 € is quite expensive. Do you have a fabric number? Maybe I can help you out and get it for you.

Leichtfried is a great choice. They have some very nice fabrics and you can't get wrong with them.

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
450 € is quite expensive. Do you have a fabric number? Maybe I can help you out and get it for you.

Leichtfried is a great choice. They have some very nice fabrics and you can't get wrong with them.

Hey Man!

I was looking at the 84815 22oz Camelhair.
Could you perhaps double check the price and shoot me a DM?

Thank you very much!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics