• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konstantis

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend any sources for plain (monochrome) seersucker fabric ? Thanks.

Noirkw

Reaction score
Wool or Cotton ?

Loro Piana has seersuckers in the Mare book wool/silks
Cerruti's Oxygen has seersucker wool/silks
Solbiati / Huddersfield has seersuckers in cotton

konstantis

Reaction score
Wool or Cotton ?

Thanks for your reply. I was searching for cotton.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Wool or Cotton ?

The Mare book has the exact shade of navy and white seeesucker in wool, silk, line blend that I have been looking for. It’s perfect, other than the weight. At 6.5 to 7 ounces, I’m sure my tailor won’t touch it.

Drapers has the weight I’m looking for, but the stripe is far too light in color

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you are looking for dark blue or white, Caccioppoli offers two.
dark blue - No.: 310244, 100% cotton, 230 gr.
white - No.: 310251 - 100% cottn, 250 gr.

Marshak

Reaction score
The Mare book has the exact shade of navy and white seeesucker in wool, silk, line blend that I have been looking for. It’s perfect, other than the weight. At 6.5 to 7 ounces, I’m sure my tailor won’t touch it.

Drapers has the weight I’m looking for, but the stripe is far too light in color

Don't be fooled by a pic, the Draper's seersucker is a true dark navy.

Here on Nicolas from Jean-Manuel Moreau.

Screenshot_20220529-102320.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steven Hitchcock cut the lp seersucker for someone on Instagram. I forget his name. Old guy. He’s Steven’s model on his website.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, the Butler?

JHWilliams

Reaction score

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Steven Hitchcock cut the lp seersucker for someone on Instagram. I forget his name. Old guy. He’s Steven’s model on his website.
I’ll have to ask Steven. I’m sure it was a b*tch of a cloth to work with. There can’t be much drape with a cloth that lightweight.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a wool/cotton seersucker made into a jacket by Whitcomb and Shaftesbury. It doesn't react well to having all the structure underneath. If I had to do it again, I'd try one of their ultra-soft versions.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. Let's get a run of dark navy suiting 0129 Minnis Rangoon going. Will base it off of the OG version as pictured below. For those who are new to this, Rangoon is a discontinued suiting bunch from Minnis. It is a plain weave circa 280g that has a dry and smooth hand. Hangs very nicely for its weight. A good lighter weight alternative to the traditional Fresco which has a prickly hand and heavier. Please send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

View attachment 1796538
View attachment 1796542

A number of guys have asked for a dark grey 0126 Rangoon as well so I’m going to post it here to see if we can get a small run in along with the dark navy (which has met MOQ) and ship them both out ETA mid August. Please PM if interested. Will send orders to the mill by the end of this week. Thanks.

For reference, the grey below the proposed 0126 is Oxford grey. 0126 is a dark grey with mottling.

2F307C0A-03BE-4CDE-9B67-9DAFE2F866E9.jpeg

JHWilliams

Reaction score
A number of guys have asked for a dark grey 0126 Rangoon as well so I’m going to post it here to see if we can get a small run in along with the dark navy (which has met MOQ) and ship them both out ETA mid August. Please PM if interested. Will send orders to the mill by the end of this week. Thanks.

For reference, the grey below the proposed 0126 is Oxford grey. 0126 is a dark grey with mottling.

View attachment 1797518
This is like Christmas morning. Pinch me!! Next thing you know, all of my wishes will come true with an undertaker’s solid black subscription along with this grey purple stripe.

Attachments

• BC11CDA2-55C4-49C7-BBF8-66167924AB51.png
    BC11CDA2-55C4-49C7-BBF8-66167924AB51.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 102

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads