• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
I have a lot of LL fabrics made into suits as well as odd jackets. The fabrics are truly excellent - Kotaro at Corcos has commented favourably on them every time I bring them. The suit fabrics / worsteds are very solid (the nailheads stand out) - but it is the tweed that gets you; the Agnelli (both in grey and blue), the Sicillian, the Prince shetland, blue agnelli saxony, dandy gunclub. Have two being made up at the moment - one each by Corcos and Steed.

R-O-T

Simon A

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the LL fabrics; indeed three of them germinated from something I suggested to the forum some years ago...regardless of whether they are tweeds or worsteds, they are sturdy and long-lived, and have a pleasant hand. Certainly not cheap but compared to the cost of tailoring, not a major impost. If you have the patience to wait for a subscription to fill, and wait for the mill to weave it, finish it and ship it, then it is is worthwhile option.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
I would appreciate your advise and thoughts on trousers cloth type and color to match with this Jacket cloth.
Thanks!

View attachment 1596578

7659A9D6-3BCF-4EF3-8F75-06E68A5E1272.jpeg
96F03CC4-F89E-4D77-A99F-D9414A0B3361.jpeg
056D11D0-13A3-4974-8D0E-71B4ACAD0416.jpeg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup. Charcoal and beige/khaki are starting points.

Mid grey and pale grey also, provided they are one side or the other of the jacket in tone. Whipcord is an obvious place to start, but lighter-weight flannel could be a luxury choice.

In the lighter flannels, something like ivory or cream would be a real "hands off my Bentley" sort of option.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first two are my pics. I did finally get Alden to re-run this City Gunclub, and no one else is subscribing. Such a shame, its a beautiful cloth.

-DL

Its one of my favorite jackets, I'll go in on another length with you if you want.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I have a lot of LL fabrics made into suits as well as odd jackets. The fabrics are truly excellent - Kotaro at Corcos has commented favourably on them every time I bring them. The suit fabrics / worsteds are very solid (the nailheads stand out) - but it is the tweed that gets you; the Agnelli (both in grey and blue), the Sicillian, the Prince shetland, blue agnelli saxony, dandy gunclub. Have two being made up at the moment - one each by Corcos and Steed.

R-O-T

I just took delivery of their reverse chalkstripe worsted and their wabi sabi in mid grey. A beautiful hand and sturdy cloth. Cad & The Dandy were very impressed.
LL cloth is unique and very handsome.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will let him know, but I think we are miles away sadly.

-DL

I was going to pass on that subscription, but your testimony makes me reconsider.

I just took delivery of their reverse chalkstripe worsted and their wabi sabi in mid grey. A beautiful hand and sturdy cloth. Cad & The Dandy were very impressed.
LL cloth is unique and very handsome.

How do you like the reverse chalk stripe? Initially, I didn't like it, but its grown on my - not sure, though if I need it. I already have the overcoating fabric, the windowpane & another length on order - at some point, I need to fund the projects as well haha.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
I was going to pass on that subscription, but your testimony makes me reconsider.

How do you like the reverse chalk stripe? Initially, I didn't like it, but its grown on my - not sure, though if I need it. I already have the overcoating fabric, the windowpane & another length on order - at some point, I need to fund the projects as well haha.
I absolutely love it. The stripe is very subtle.

one of my new favorites !!

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your brown glen check jacket is absolutely stunning!!!! I bet that will probably be your favorite sports coat by next fall and winter. I can imagine that the cashmere makes the garmet very soft and cozy. I hate for you to be repetitive but can you please give some details on the fabric for your charcoal suit? Also, your reasoning for choosing that particular fabric?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your brown glen check jacket is absolutely stunning!!!! I bet that will probably be your favorite sports coat by next fall and winter. I can imagine that the cashmere makes the garmet very soft and cozy. I hate for you to be repetitive but can you please give some details on the fabric for your charcoal suit? Also, your reasoning for choosing that particular fabric?
It's a dormeuil amadeus I think. Charcoal herringbone with a navy weft 320 grams. Thought the next weft in charcoal was interesting. Kinda like a solaro. Which is why I got it...plus I dont actually have a charcoal or a grey suit in my wardrobe yet

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads