• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good to hear - though I’m curious whether it stays crisp and professional with the cashmere mixed in
It does hold up. Client shipped a jacket in Premier Cru cloth to me to repair. Came out of the box with no wrinkles.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is “mockleno” (Minnis or Smith Woolens) sturdy enough to hold up long term as a trouser? I understand that it might not be an ideal choice for a trouser or as a suit. However, will it suffice as a trouser/suit at a minimal standard? Or, is it a fabric that is intended for jacketing only?

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Is “mockleno” (Minnis or Smith Woolens) sturdy enough to hold up long term as a trouser? I understand that it might not be an ideal choice for a trouser or as a suit. However, will it suffice as a trouser/suit at a minimal standard? Or, is it a fabric that is intended for jacketing only?

Dugdale Bros. TropicalAir Mock Leno is AMAZING. I've never seen it used for trousers. However, the cloth feels very sturdy.

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Say more about the Dugdale Fearnought.

The Mesothelioma CenterAd
  • Ad Feedback
Free Mesothelioma Nutrition GuideSign Up Today to Get Free Recipes and Diet Tips for Mesothelioma Patients!

Fwd: Tales from our basement
  • photo

Frank Shattuck
    [email protected]
    Feb 18 at 7:42 AM

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 18, 2021 at 6:50:00 AM EST
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Tales from our basement
    Reply-To:
    Dugdale Bros & Co. <[email protected]>
    mail
    mail
    Like many nineteenth century buildings, the basements at Dugdale Towers are large, cold spaces filled with relics of times past.
    But it isn't just antiques we store down there. Our basement is the ideal environment for maturing our latest range of bespoke tailors' cloth.
    Read on to find out more about what makes Fearnought one of our most special collections.
    mail
    Made in Huddersfield
    Like all of our woollen and worsted cloths, Fearnought is made in Huddersfield using local skills and resources. The cloth is woven using a combination of traditional and innovative techniques at a local mill before being finished using famously soft Pennine waters.
    mail
    Conditioned with care
    When it arrives at our towers, Fearnought is carefully cuttled and placed in our 'keeping room' for three months. Here, cool, moist air circulates around the cloth, imbuing it with just the right amount of moisture to give it its uniquely soft - and distinctly Dugdale - handle.
    mail
    A heritage cloth for the 21st century
    We originally introduced these designs in 1910 as part of one of our first collections spun from Australian merino wool. But while it is heritage in design, this is very much a twenty-first century cloth.

A tightly woven 18oz cloth, Fearnought is just as hardy as its Edwardian forebears. However, the special attention we have given to producing and conditioning this collection means that, for such a robust cloth, it has an uncharacteristically luxurious handle, making it peerless when it comes to cloth for twenty-first century suiting, bodycoats or indeed any timeless luxury garment.

We were pioneers then and we are pioneers today. Fearnought is a celebration of that.
    mail
    Coming soon. Check your inbox for updates or follow us on Instagram @dugdalebrosandco
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Link
    Website
    Copyright © 2021 Dugdale Bros & Co Ltd, All rights reserved.

Photography by Department Two.

Registered in England & Wales Company Number: 00561828
    VAT Registration No: 427644244

Our mailing address is:
    Dugdale Bros & Co Ltd
    5 Northumberland St
    Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 1RL
    United Kingdom
    Add us to your address book

You are receiving this email because you signed up to hear more from Dugdale Bros & Co.
    Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail. Whilst reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses or other malicious code, no guarantee is implied or given.
    mail
  • Delete
  • Move to
  • Forward

yanagi

Reaction score

Jacketing only. As Dugdale themselves describe,

Woven on traditional looms using extra-fine, 2-ply Merino wool, Mock Leno has an open mesh finish that is characteristic of this enduring method, with interlacing warp and weft yarns creating natural drape and a cool wear aspect. Available in an eclectic range of shades – from classic and muted to modern and vibrant – this fabric is perfect for tailoring summer jackets and blazers.

The "high twist" section of the book is for suiting and also jacketing and trousers.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacketing only. As Dugdale themselves describe,

Woven on traditional looms using extra-fine, 2-ply Merino wool, Mock Leno has an open mesh finish that is characteristic of this enduring method, with interlacing warp and weft yarns creating natural drape and a cool wear aspect. Available in an eclectic range of shades – from classic and muted to modern and vibrant – this fabric is perfect for tailoring summer jackets and blazers.

The "high twist" section of the book is for suiting and also jacketing and trousers.

Good to know. However, the HFW/Minnis webpage states that the mockleno fabrics are "light weight suiting" fabrics Huddersfield Fine Worsteds Shop - Pieces in Fresco III Collection (hfwltd.com) #510243-245. I guess that is where some of my confusion comes from. While some manufacturers insist that mockleno is a jacketing fabric, others explicitly state that it is a suiting fabric.

JHWilliams

Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nvm

JHWilliams

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in exploring a custom run of Pheasant’s Eye tweed? I have searched high and low for this pattern. Lovat would be willing to weave it.

Attachments

• EE0BAB7B-B1CE-427F-B32C-88C6A445D517.jpeg
    EE0BAB7B-B1CE-427F-B32C-88C6A445D517.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 469C545A-A311-448C-B903-E8B621A8F822.png
    469C545A-A311-448C-B903-E8B621A8F822.png
    642.7 KB · Views: 117

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in exploring a custom run of Pheasant’s Eye tweed? I have searched high and low for this pattern. Lovat would be willing to weave it.
Could be a very useful, if slightly off-center, classic. What quality/weight were you thinking of?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads