• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wren

Reaction score
Carlo Barbera doesn't get brought up much, but I find their cloth to be a unique representation of how an italian cloth can be made with the types of functional considerations commonly mentioned here.

I have a suit in their Riserva 1911. It feels like a S140 in the hand, but with sufficient body and bounce to shed wrinkles quickly.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
It's a long shot, but I just received those Minnis Mock Leno swatches from HFW and was also sent a swatch of cloth ref 255008 from their 'Solid Textured Jacketing' collection.
1611832527925.png

It's more towards the blue end of navy, opposed to the classic darker navy. It's 43% Wool, 57% Linen. I believe it's this Reda fabric: https://www.reda1865.com/row/struct...linen-wool-super-110-039-s-blue-260g-126-3720

I don't suppose anyone has ever made this one up (even in a different shade)?

mockingboy

Reaction score
Just go to @Despos...hilarious lol

There's a meme on Twitter that goes: "Men will really learn about Roman history/ hide in a Trojan horse/ [insert some ridiculously difficult thing] than go to therapy"

Sometimes it feels like StyleForum guys will literally do anything except go into a good store, pick out a cool suit, and just buy it. Or find a good tailor.

They will hunt down an overseas factory, set up an industry account, learn about fabrics, then go into a tailoring shop and take photos of fabric books, go back to their factory, ask for a toile garment, try on that garment, take photos and post it on the internet, ask Despos for feedback, go back to their factory, make 1cm changes, get another trial garment, go back to Despos and ask fo-

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I’m lucky now that I moved back to Chicago that he is my tailor!

Good for you. It would be nice to a have a glass of wine with him someday ....

Alas I live in a far away desert island ....

Alan Bee

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have nearly identical pairs of Minnis flannels, one is great, the other is sh*t and were bought about a year apart. Its really to bad.

My fox flannels are itchy.

-DL

I've given up on flannel due to the inconsistencies and limited amounts of wear I get before ruining the trousers.

dukeaw

Reaction score
Its so easy when the tailor only has 2-3 mills in stock to choose compared to every option under the sun.

I just went to my guy this afternoon to get 2 HS Crispaire trousers made for this spring/summer... mid grey and tan. The Dugdale NFW I got from another source never fit me right.

The downside is that he showed me Solbiati Time-off with linen/wool/silk. I found a blue check fabric I want as a sport coat to go with those pants... I run the risk of being out a few grand every time I walk into his shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads