• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ramie is another spring-summer shirt fabric you could look for.

dan'l

Reaction score
I also have a couple of „casual suits,“ for example one in corduroy. I‘m wondering, though, if you guys wear your casual suits sans cravatte. I‘ve done gone with and w/o tie, but it seems a tie contradicts the casual vibe. Thoughts?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have a couple of „casual suits,“ for example one in corduroy. I‘m wondering, though, if you guys wear your casual suits sans cravatte. I‘ve done gone with and w/o tie, but it seems a tie contradicts the casual vibe. Thoughts?
Personally if its not work or a cocktail formal event it's no neck ties for me open neck, sweaters, bow ties or scarfs/cravat for me. Neckties barring knit ties have always felt work for me so I avoid wearing them if I can avoid it. Like wearing them but I dont at the same time which is a paradox...

Ps. Surely you go turtleneck with cords!

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me linen or other non-cotton shirt fabric? Would like to experiment with something that's not cotton for a change. I can't recall any US fabrics mentioned on here, though that would be a bonus.

Thanks!
Linen rayon/viscose. Silk viscose. Linen chambray. Look up b and j fabrics

konstantis

Reaction score
May I ask if anyone have ever used Fox Great Coat fabric ? The code is C217 R2048/3.11. Thanks.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask if anyone have ever used Fox Great Coat fabric ? The code is C217 R2048/3.11. Thanks.

No, but I had a charcoal herringbone tweed from the same Fox bunch made up into a giaccone by Paone. The cloth hangs like steel and takes shape effortlessly.

6D11D5AD-EA27-4081-8B00-244D20965090.jpeg

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice. I am thinking to purchase the Fox Great Coat fabric. I just don’t know if it would be too heavy.

I’ve seen a sample of that cloth and it’s super heavy. I guess if one wants something that approximates the original inspiration, it’s not a bad option.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was just having a look this morning at the sample. Great texture, not luxurious by any means but rather rugged that should drape very well. I would describe the colour as olive greenish brown. Very cold brown that I would wear mostly with military inspired clothes. It would look amazing with any type or colour of washed and/or faded denim but not so great with navy or medium grey flannel for example.

20210117_131132.jpg

It should look terrific in any of these configurations:

12iht-fsuzy12-inline3-superJumbo.jpg
Massimiliano Capobianco - DB Camel Coat 2.jpg
700-2.jpeg
ULSTER COAT - ALÓ.jpg

konstantis

Reaction score
I was just having a look this morning at the sample. Great texture, not luxurious by any means but rather rugged that should drape very well. I would describe the colour as olive greenish brown. Very cold brown that I would wear mostly with military inspired clothes. It would look amazing with any type or colour of washed and/or faded denim but not so great with navy or medium grey flannel for example.

View attachment 1537282

It should look terrific in any of these configurations:

View attachment 1537283 View attachment 1537284 View attachment 1537285 View attachment 1537286
Thank you your review. Is it dense and may I ask if you thank it would be suitable for a single breasted coat ? Thanks ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads