• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't mind abit of viscose rayon content depending on the fabric and use...

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me linen or other non-cotton shirt fabric? Would like to experiment with something that's not cotton for a change. I can't recall any US fabrics mentioned on here, though that would be a bonus.

Thanks!
Linen? Bamboo?

dan'l

Reaction score
Are you asking me? My suit is made from a Loro Piana wool-silk fabric.

I think at some point, a wardrobe gets big enough where it's OK to have some things you'll only wear once in a blue moon. I think versatility is a bigger deal if you have a small wardrobe.
I had a suit made up in Loro Piana's "Lightest" a wool/silk Seersucker. Similar to this Armoury suit but I got Navy (theirs is lighter blue)

View attachment 1536530
That Loro Piana cloth looks great! But do you guys get much wear out of your suits? How often do you wear them and on what occasion?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That Loro Piana cloth looks great! But do you guys get much wear out of your suits? How often do you wear them and on what occasion?

In the Before Times, I wore casual suits whenever I wanted. I wouldn't wear one to work, but I would wear one to nice dinners, social events, or even just going out in the city. Would wear them to bars or museums. I think the navy tonal seersucker suit can also work for summer weddings, depending on the setting and crowd.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wore it regularly two seasons ago (Derek’s Before Times) but not once in 2020 thanks to telework. I used the Navy fabric as I could pull it off at work. I live in DC and summers are sticky and awful for us suit wearers. My suit in this fabric fit nicely into the work rotation.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wore it regularly two seasons ago (Derek’s Before Times) but not once in 2020 thanks to telework. I used the Navy fabric as I could pull it off at work. I live in DC and summers are sticky and awful for us suit wearers. My suit in this fabric fit nicely into the work rotation.

My God, DC in the summer. I can't imagine in a suit.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few old pics. Fabric is true Navy like in the first pic.

A8CE9638-906B-4C06-9DEB-CF1DF6BF2FBF.jpeg 22E79146-BA88-46ED-843B-FFC38476AEB6.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My God, DC in the summer. I can't imagine in a suit.
The Execs love it as they can all drive in and park in their buildings. All a/c, all day. Us Metro schleps have to get creative.

One of our older bigwigs wore flannel suits even in the summer as he never experienced “outside.”

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads