• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konstantis

Reaction score
May i ask the members experiences about Gorina's flannels or others manufacters ? I was always customer of Fox Flannels , but today i contacted them an the price semms almost 3 times above that what i paid last year and i am not positive to pay 165 pounds per meter for trousers. Thanks.

Simon A

Reaction score
May i ask the members experiences about Gorina's flannels or others manufacters ? I was always customer of Fox Flannels , but today i contacted them an the price semms almost 3 times above that what i paid last year and i am not positive to pay 165 pounds per meter for trousers. Thanks.

I have used Gorina flannels in plain colours at the 500 g weight, and been very happy with them. Some pleasant melange appearance, not fragile, and good value for money. They also make good workhorse worsteds.

Marshak

Reaction score

Fox became stealing. There has been an increase of the price of wool on the worlwide market during the last two years but nothing which justifies Fox prices, excepted their marketing margin and investments into new machines. Hell! The Classic Flannel meter has inflated from 90 pounds to 160 pounds on this period. We must suppose the asian market is ready to buy at those prices. The flannel meter by Hardy Minnis has jumped from 82 to 96 pounds this year, which seems a more controlled increase. One advice: the online price is the gringo price. Order the fabrics through your tailor.

ruvort

Reaction score
I have used Gorina flannels in plain colours at the 500 g weight, and been very happy with them. Some pleasant melange appearance, not fragile, and good value for money. They also make good workhorse worsteds.
Does Gorina have a website to browse their selection? I'm interested in their flannels and I can't seem to find much info online.

clothingfun

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Holland and Sherry's target bunch? I spent some time looking at their website and this fabric looks really cool:

I'm thinking something single breasted with patch pockets.

Hello there sir and I hope you are well. I had a suit made up from a fabric in the Target book last year. The color was a very nice royal blue, super 120, 310g. However, it wasn’t birdseye. My local tailor picked up several bolts of Target that were discontinued and gave me a favorable price. In short, I very much like it. Great fabric that looks and feels wonderful.

I wore it back on Mother’s Day and posted a photo in the WAYWT Casual thread. I realize photos aren’t all that reliable but it may give you an idea. Hope this helps a little and good luck!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could work, pretty formal color though ?

This NMWA x SC suit in Brown Nailhead seems to work w/ patch pockets:

That isn’t nailhead or Birdseye cloth.
Regardless, doesn’t look right with patch pockets in my subjective opinion.

If it is not nailhead or birdseye, what do you call the pattern in this cloth?

1601043386323.png

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
C' mon, don't hesitate, we are open and taking more offers.

It's Friday after all!

Cheers,

Dimitris

konstantis

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply . May i ask if you have dealed with Gorina direct ? Thank you.

Simon A

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply . May i ask if you have dealed with Gorina direct ? Thank you.

I have, but in Spanish, and I don't think they sell to the retail market. Through my tailor in Madrid it is still a quarter of Fox prices.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As has been discussed previously, the retail prices of Fox are much higher than trade prices, in part to encourage people to buy through tailoring houses and not undercut the tailors.

With that said, I dont see anything special about Fox. Harrisons and VBC are just as nice, if not nicer cloth in my opinion. Then again, I dont sew it myself, so what do I really know.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some close-ups of my most recent unfunded liabilities. They are all intended to be made into neapolitan spotcoats with side patch pockets, barchetta chest pocket and spalla camicia. Maybe the shepherd's check also with chest patch pocket. Maybe ye olde tailor will decide on that.

Navy honeycomb 100% cashmere by Loro Piana allegedlly for Karl Lagerfeld's brand.

Grey donegal 100% cashmere by Johnston's of Elgin stock supported range.

Dark brown with dark olive green undertones textured 100% cashmere made in England for Chester Barrie.

Off-white and black shepherd's check 50% lambswool 50% cashmere by Joshua Ellis.

20200926_115557.jpg
20200926_115551.jpg

20200926_115609.jpg

Attachments

• 20200926_115551.jpg
    20200926_115551.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200926_115551.jpg
    20200926_115551.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200926_141113.jpg
    20200926_141113.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 47

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads