• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thesupremegrape

Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty identifying a Scabal fabric I was looking at. It was a grey twill worsted wool, made in the UK in twill and it had a serial KH10435-8200.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,anyone have an unfunded suiting length of Mersolair navy linen lying around and wants to sell it? Looking for a dark navy one

Nnicnic

Reaction score
I'm looking for a dark charcoal gray cloth for trousers in heavy high twist wool so it drapes well and have ability to reshape, not too scratchy, dry texture, works well in tropical climate(HK) I own a pair of trousers made from VBC 4ply and I love it but it's quite pricey. What are the options that has similar performance but cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

ahtynes

Reaction score
That could be an option as well. Thanks! Have you experienced with Finmeresco 4ply or fresco 3 ply before?

I have Finmeresco 4 ply. I haven't worn it much in high heat but can confirm it's not scratchy like fresco. Drapes really really nicely, but of course part of that has to do with its weight and density so you lose some coolness there.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,anyone have an unfunded suiting length of Mersolair navy linen lying around and wants to sell it? Looking for a dark navy one

I dont see this on the outlist for the Mersolair book, and I just reconciled the books. Your tailor or MTM house should be able to order this for you with no problem.

Nnicnic

Reaction score
Is there any lightweight cavalry twill that is around 10-12oz? Heavier than that could kill me in HK

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
psa...don’t ever get tonik unlined
A8493BA4-83C2-41EF-BFCB-1B921F085507.jpeg

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The cream pinstripe is a challenge to wear. Settled on a midnight one piece polo. Definitely a special going out party suit.

I agree with you on the party vibe. If it were a blue or grey pinstripe it would look totally corporate and likely even harder to wear for that reason, but the cream pinstripe is actually really interesting I think. Casual but kinda slick and sharp at the same time. A suit that would be immediately recognized by those in the know as bespoke. But yeah I struggle to think what other shirts you could make work. Maybe white with a black or navy grenadine tie?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the party vibe. If it were a blue or grey pinstripe it would look totally corporate and likely even harder to wear for that reason, but the cream pinstripe is actually really interesting I think. Casual but kinda slick and sharp at the same time. A suit that would be immediately recognized by those in the know as bespoke. But yeah I struggle to think what other shirts you could make work. Maybe white with a black or navy grenadine tie?
Navy white Breton shirt. A navy houndstooth sweater I have. Cream or navy crew/turtle/polo neck. It kinda works with charcoal but not my preference. Denim shirts for a more rugged cowboy look. I would not wear it with a tie unless it’s a corporate event on a tropical island or a yacht club of some sort. Then perhaps with a black/ navy grenadine/knit or shantung tie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads