• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a slight difference between the Fox 370 and 400g. I can recommend the 400g, it drapes better and is great for moderate winter. Trousers should be cut loosely, otherwise you have to press them regularly.

Surprisingly the plain greys are made only in 370g and some POW and houndstooth in 400g.

sensuki

Reaction score
Yeah, I just remembered the 240g one I said is actually 240gsm and thus actually 360g. Minnis is probably looking my best bet then as it sounds like the Fox is going to be more of the same, maybe slightly better than the Liechtfried Loden Pure360.

konstantis

Reaction score
May i ask if anyone else has noticed a great increase of prices in all all the collections of Dugdale ? I was searching in their site and there is a really great increase of prices.

nejc74

Reaction score
May i ask if anyone else has noticed a great increase of prices in all all the collections of Dugdale ? I was searching in their site and there is a really great increase of prices.
No, I ordered twice, in February and in April, nr. 8706 and 7446 and both still have exactly the same price.

konstantis

Reaction score
No, I ordered twice, in February and in April, nr. 8706 and 7446 and both still have exactly the same price.
Thank you for your answer. The tropical air is now at 100 pounds and the Lisburn linen is 80 pounds. I think was significantly cheaper.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. The tropical air is now at 100 pounds and the Lisburn linen is 80 pounds. I think was significantly cheaper.
My tailor (3 months ago) mentioned tropicalair being around half the price of Fox Air, I guess they did bump the price slightly.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What??thats crazy.I was just quoted 57pounds/meter for it 3 weeks ago

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received by brown linen sc and mohair shantung faced dj

Attachments

• C451777B-0D00-4A08-B89A-7692270C27D2.jpeg
    C451777B-0D00-4A08-B89A-7692270C27D2.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 0C820661-5443-4DA3-926D-510910768045.jpeg
    0C820661-5443-4DA3-926D-510910768045.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 89BAA9D7-2837-4071-B55B-344D4040E399.jpeg
    89BAA9D7-2837-4071-B55B-344D4040E399.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 86393D66-05AD-40A4-8A22-1A05D188DE67.jpeg
    86393D66-05AD-40A4-8A22-1A05D188DE67.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 105

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
I'll be going to see Joseph Genuardi in roughly a week and a half, God willing and the... number of states with mandatory quarantine requirements in New Jersey and New York don't rise, for a final fitting on a suit and blazer that I commissioned last September as well as to commission another pair of garments.

One will be a green hopsack jacket (Bateman Ogden Apollo AA9) of some kind, but I've flip flopped on the suit so many times that I might as well be a junior United States Senator from Utah. (I'm also a little drunk.. which is the only reason that I can explain that last sentence) It's been constantly meant as a warm weather suit, but keep changing my mind on the color.

What my present fancy inclines me to want to know is about blue, purportedly 'petrol blue', solar cloth. I've dredged a few references thereto out of this place and think that it might nicely fit my sensibilities. I like blue and I've been curious about Solaro for a while. To that end, I pose the following questions about the potentially available cloths:

1. Who offers Blue Solaro (*achem* suncloth, in case any Smith Woolens lawyers are watching)?
1.a Who offers linen or relatively lighter, more openly woven Solaro cloths? (I've seen references to these being available from Drapers *** Vitale Barberis Canonico, Caccio… e pepe and perhaps Ariston, but I failed to find these cloths on their respective websites. Ultimately, I want to know what bunch books to look in for expediency's sake.

2. How suitable to relatively warmer* weather is it, really? (I've gathered the impression, much as a cave man does not gather nuts and berries, that the 'authentic original' Smith Woolens Solaro cloth is a little heavy and dense for the season, but that doesn't meant that the alternatives are in fact appropriate.)

3. Are there any practical problems inherent in the fabric to be aware of? (I know that it's a little idiosyncratic, which it should be by now screamingly blatant that I don't mind, but if it's prone to… I don't know.. literally bursting into flames due to thigh rub or whatever, I would do well to be aware.)

*As a fat Pennsylvanian, I'm inclined to consider anything from 65°F (18.333°C) upward 'warm', with anything from 80°F (26.667°C) as reason to wonder if being born was worth having to endure such existential suffering. (Answer: No.) However, likewise appreciate that I am also psychotically stubborn and would soldier on wearing heavy tweed on the sun.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be going to see Joseph Genuardi in roughly a week and a half, God willing and the... number of states with mandatory quarantine requirements in New Jersey and New York don't rise, for a final fitting on a suit and blazer that I commissioned last September as well as to commission another pair of garments.

One will be a green hopsack jacket (Bateman Ogden Apollo AA9) of some kind, but I've flip flopped on the suit so many times that I might as well be a junior United States Senator from Utah. (I'm also a little drunk.. which is the only reason that I can explain that last sentence) It's been constantly meant as a warm weather suit, but keep changing my mind on the color.

What my present fancy inclines me to want to know is about blue, purportedly 'petrol blue', solar cloth. I've dredged a few references thereto out of this place and think that it might nicely fit my sensibilities. I like blue and I've been curious about Solaro for a while. To that end, I pose the following questions about the potentially available cloths:

1. Who offers Blue Solaro (*achem* suncloth, in case any Smith Woolens lawyers are watching)?
1.a Who offers linen or relatively lighter, more openly woven Solaro cloths? (I've seen references to these being available from Drapers *** Vitale Barberis Canonico, Caccio… e pepe and perhaps Ariston, but I failed to find these cloths on their respective websites. Ultimately, I want to know what bunch books to look in for expediency's sake.

2. How suitable to relatively warmer* weather is it, really? (I've gathered the impression, much as a cave man does not gather nuts and berries, that the 'authentic original' Smith Woolens Solaro cloth is a little heavy and dense for the season, but that doesn't meant that the alternatives are in fact appropriate.)

3. Are there any practical problems inherent in the fabric to be aware of? (I know that it's a little idiosyncratic, which it should be by now screamingly blatant that I don't mind, but if it's prone to… I don't know.. literally bursting into flames due to thigh rub or whatever, I would do well to be aware.)

*As a fat Pennsylvanian, I'm inclined to consider anything from 65°F (18.333°C) upward 'warm', with anything from 80°F (26.667°C) as reason to wonder if being born was worth having to endure such existential suffering. (Answer: No.) However, likewise appreciate that I am also psychotically stubborn and would soldier on wearing heavy tweed on the sun.

@UrbanComposition once showed me a blue Solaro swatch. I can't remember the reference number, but maybe he can say more about it. I thought it looked really nice. I believe he was considering a suit in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads