• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1BPL seems a bit formal for a spalla camicia treatment and MOP buttons, no?
Probably end up doing con rollino but when you have multiple djs I kinda wanted a dj sports coat hybrid I can take travelling with me that looks kinda cool and sleek

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I do. I most certainly do. I’ve just never paired it with spalla camicia and MOP buttons.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Thank you for your post! I actually had M&E in mind, since I seemed to recall that they had large-scale herringbone cloth, but did not see anything on their website.

Do you have any pics of your large-format brown & gray check? I‘ve been looking for this cloth (or something similar) for the past couple of years and have all but given up:

Here it is. Fabric code for this check is H4521. 720 g/m. American rep for M&E is Antoniades Textiles Group, I believe.

IMG_6874.JPG

dan'l

Reaction score
^Thank you for the pic and the cloth reference! I believe I’ve seen a bolt of this someplace before. Also, without sounding too pedantic, I’d call this a large-scale houndstooth instead of a check.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Thank you for the pic and the cloth reference! I believe I’ve seen a bolt of this someplace before. Also, without sounding too pedantic, I’d call this a large-scale houndstooth instead of a check.

Not to one-up you on pedantry, but houndstooth is a type of check. It's a twill pattern that's an offshoot of the Shepards check. There are intersecting bands up and down, left and right, across the fabric to create that point pattern.

Pattern from afar:

Houndstooth.jpg

Weave up close:

Houndstooth_check_weave.png

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a winter SC in a very similar pattern and love it, so this is one of those neurotic, why not have the same jacket for all seasons things.

zr3rs

Reaction score
Taking a poll for a summer SC:

Is the loro piana too bright?
Yes. It is beautiful, but does not match with city or office. It is one of these designs that my daughter once remarked upon seeing the Attolini summer catalogue: "dad, that is only going to work on vacation at the seaside"

dan'l

Reaction score
Not to one-up you on pedantry, but houndstooth is a type of check. It's a twill pattern that's an offshoot of the Shepards check. There are intersecting bands up and down, left and right, across the fabric to create that point pattern.

Pattern from afar:

View attachment 1344143

Weave up close:

View attachment 1344144
Fair enough, but would you call the cloth posted by Aaron a check or houndstooth?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads