Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Might I ask what separates a blazersuit from a normal navy suit? What is the point of distinction?

The jacket is styled in such a way that it can be worn independent of the pants without looking like an orphan. Patch pockets, dark brown buttons, etc. are often used.

It's also made in a material that allows it to be used as a sport coat and not look like a suit jacket.

Past examples include fresco, flannel and linen.

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

On a somewhat related note, how often do you gents get an extra pair of pants with your suits?

I assume that one would do so if you're getting a lighter material that's more prone to wear and tear.

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

On a somewhat related note, how often do you gents get an extra pair of pants with your suits?

I assume that one would do so if you're getting a lighter material that's more prone to wear and tear.

I just get them fully-lined, and no longer get the extra pair. Works ok even with the lighter stuff like Rangoon or Super Tropical (~8.0-8.5oz.)

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I just get them fully-lined, and no longer get the extra pair. Works ok even with the lighter stuff like Rangoon or Super Tropical (~8.0-8.5oz.)

My problem has traditionally been the rubbing on the outside of the material rather than the inside so I'm not sure if lining or saddles will alleviate the issue.

5. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Always.... now ordering two exrtra pairs. I have cyclists legs (mainly because I cycle to and from work) so the trousers always wear. J

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

It's also made in a material that allows it to be used as a sport coat and not look like a suit jacket.

Past examples include fresco, flannel and linen.

And cotton...

7. rrosals

rrosals Senior member

My problem has traditionally been the rubbing on the outside of the material rather than the inside so I'm not sure if lining or saddles will alleviate the issue.

I have the same issue and now have the full seat lined. I also order a 2nd pair or make sure to keep enough fabric in case I need them made in the future.

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Cantabrigian may have just thrown a spanner into the works with his offering of the LLBR06 LL Brisa fabric. [​IMG]

9. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

What do you think of the Brisa? I have a length of this season's PoW check on order, that I'm awaiting anxiously.

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

What do you think of the Brisa? I have a length of this season's PoW check on order, that I'm awaiting anxiously.

I have no experience with it whatsoever...hopefully others can chime in?

11. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Zbromer,

Just saw the pic of your blazer suit - amazing! That's exactly what I was going for, although I am still wondering if I should go with 3 patch pockets...

Thanks. It was the first coat from the tailor I now use, so I notice a few things that are a little off. I'm really pleased with the fabric, though. As for the 3 patch, it's, obviously, a personal preference. However, I like the chest welt pocket for the blazersuit. It doesn't really take away from the informality when you want to wear it as a blazer, but I think it does help it look a bit more formal when you wear it as a suit. I also may just be a pussy and don't have the balls to do a 3 patch suit.

12. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

How often do you wear suits? I don't really that often, so I don't get an extra pair.

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

How often do you wear suits? I don't really that often, so I don't get an extra pair.

Given the wardrobe revamp, I'm going to be wearing them more often.

Each suit will get worn say once a week? Some, twice.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Given the wardrobe revamp, I'm going to be wearing them more often.

Each suit will get worn say once a week? Some, twice.

How often will you clean them?

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

How often will you clean them?

Umm..good question.

[​IMG]