Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Gents - thanks for this heads up. My swatches are being sent out today.

Swatches of Minnis Fresco 516, 517 and 520 received and it looks like Fresco 516 is a go.

2. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Swatches of Minnis Fresco 516, 517 and 520 received and it looks like Fresco 516 is a go.

Wow, only 2 days transit from the UK to Canada? Am waiting on some Hardy linen swatches, and corduroy and moleskin for fall.

FWIW, a couple of guys have recommended Lesser superfine tropical 8/9 oz. for summer suiting. I've got several swatches on their way as well from NYC; colors look terrific (at least online). Will post some pics when they arrive.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Wow, only 2 days transit from the UK to Canada? Am waiting on some Hardy linen swatches, and corduroy and moleskin for fall.

I know, right? Royal Mail FTW!

FWIW, a couple of guys have recommended Lesser superfine tropical 8/9 oz. for summer suiting. I've got several swatches on their way as well from NYC; colors look terrific (at least online). Will post some pics when they arrive.

Are Isles the NA distributor for Lesser? And would you mind posting up pics of the swatches when they come in?

I'm hoping this thread could be a bit of a repository for fabric pictures, especially given the poor quality of what's out there on the manufacturers' sites.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you been able to find the books viewable online?

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

6. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Are Isles the NA distributor for Lesser? And would you mind posting up pics of the swatches when they come in?
    Yup, I called and spoke with Stan. He hooked me up; am planning another swatch request for Harrisons Cape Kid and Lesser 9.5/10. Gotta be ready for summer [​IMG]

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Yup, I called and spoke with Stan. He hooked me up; am planning another swatch request for Harrisons Cape Kid and Lesser 9.5/10. Gotta be ready for summer [​IMG]
    Nice! Kristine's my contact over there. She's been super helpful so far. I almost feel bad for requesting more swatches because I haven't bought anything from the last few she sent me. Am considering a Solaro purchase though.

8. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

http://www.harrisonsofedinburgh.com/...ions.html?cs=h

The fabric names are classic.

Multi-millionaire: Pure Worsted Spun Cashmere with Vicuna - 300gsm. This cloth is an exeptional luxury suiting cloth. Made in Huddersfield, England.

With "MULTI-MILLIONAIRE" on the selvedge, no less.

#winning

9. academe

academe Senior member

http://www.harrisonsofedinburgh.com/...ions.html?cs=h
    I suspect that's only a fraction of the bunches though... When I requested swatches from the Moonbean, Glen Royal and Glorious Twelfth books they sent me more samples that those displayed online.

10. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

[​IMG]

This is a work of art... Awesome fabric.

12. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Nice! Kristine's my contact over there. She's been super helpful so far. I almost feel bad for requesting more swatches because I haven't bought anything from the last few she sent me.

Am considering a Solaro purchase though.

This.

13. blackdice

blackdice Well-Known Member

Minnis 0520 Fresco. Love the delicate colour tone, which is more nuanced than other Minnis Fresco numbers. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ Solid choice blackdice.

15. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Minnis 0520 Fresco. Love the delicate colour tone, which is more nuanced than other Minnis Fresco numbers.

It really is a great blue color that I much prefer to navy. I have used that fabric for a blazersuit, which I think I posted somewhere in this thread. What are your plans for it?