• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Renfield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Does anyone know if Islay Woolen Mills make these Huntsman-style tweeds available to the general consumer? Or if Huntsman sells cloth only. I think I remember t4phage has something like this. I like the patterns and colors better than what's on offer at the Islay site.

http://www.h-huntsman.com/huntsman-tweeds/
http://www.islaywoollenmill.co.uk/shop/c_range.html

I'm sure I've seen Rubinacci sportcoats made up out 'Huntsman' tweed.

Ring Islay (pronounced eye-lah) and ask.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone chime in on the wool company, Schofield and Smith? Are they a top level company such as H&S or Zegna?

Thank you again,

Cheers

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker;4172265 said:
Does anyone know if Islay Woolen Mills make these Huntsman-style tweeds available to the general consumer? Or if Huntsman sells cloth only.

No they do not. I contacted the mill and they said the patterns are exclusively Huntsman's

I tried to commission a small run of my own pattern but even at double their prices, they refused

Your only bet is to try Huntsman's bespoke services...or their MTM (which is still pricey)...as their site notes the specials tweeds are available through their MTM program

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents - any experience with Zegna's silk-linen blends?

mlongano

Reaction score
Two Jacketings From Huddersfield:
DSC_0200.jpg

S. Able

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Gents - any experience with Zegna's silk-linen blends?

I have some, but have not had it made up yet. It certainly has a different sort of feel to it. I don't know how old it is or when I will get around to using it though.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S. Able
I have some, but have not had it made up yet. It certainly has a different sort of feel to it. I don't know how old it is or when I will get around to using it though.
Thanks. My tailor has a bolt that's navy with little flecks of lighter blue in it (bad picture)
5492492443_7c9f8fe874_z.jpg
I'm thinking of a DB suit with triple patch pockets for the summer. Or maybe just the jacket.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Hello,

Can anyone chime in on the wool company, Schofield and Smith? Are they a top level company such as H&S or Zegna?

Thank you again,

Cheers

Hello

anything in schofield and smith?

Cheers

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. My tailor has a bolt that's navy with little flecks of lighter blue in it (bad picture)

5492492443_7c9f8fe874_z.jpg

I'm thinking of a DB suit with triple patch pockets for the summer. Or maybe just the jacket.

I'm not familiar with this particular cloth, but if you were to do it up I think your suit configuration would look lovely. I've been thinking of the same in a light grey worsted flannel for winter.
fistbump.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I'm not familiar with this particular cloth, but if you were to do it up I think your suit configuration would look lovely. I've been thinking of the same in a light grey worsted flannel for winter.
fistbump.gif

Thanks. I'm actually considering the same as you for the winter but I'd probably go woolen over worsted.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlongano
Two Jacketings From Huddersfield:

DSC_0200.jpg

Love the tan houndstooth. Are these Minnis Lambswool?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Love the tan houndstooth. Are these Minnis Lambswool?

Looks like Hardy from the hangtag.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Hardy from the hangtag.

Thanks! Missed that at first. That's what I meant to say anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics