• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NeedForTweed123

Reaction score
Anyone know the quality of saks fifth avenue's house brand flannel pants? Looking for a good quality flannel at a decent price.

p.henrik

Reaction score

I also agreed Fox is a lot nicer than VBC, the Fox is going to drape better, more durable depending on the weight and hold a better crease.

It's a shame but the mid grey was offer at 40% off only two weeks ago I think the discount code have expired now.

Yeah, had decided to buy some after seeing dieworkwear's post a few weeks back, but code didn't work when I tried today. Damning myself for not buying a few yards straight away.

mortgagebank

Reaction score
In the market for a better blue/navy Hopsack. Is there consensus as whose is the nicest?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

I am tempted to order the 370g mid gray and french blue from fox, although it's quite a bit more expensive I think than VBC. The cloth itself costs more than half of the full price of a suit in VBC flannel the tailor quoted me, so it is something I should consider.

I think I bought out all their stock of 370g mid grey and French navy, they won't be available till Nov.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, I mixed it up, I bought the 300g not 370g, sorry :p

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got hold of some very nice Holland & Sherry Gamekeeper Tweed district check jacketing, which is being sent straight to Cad & The Dandy. Which I guess means it isn't really an unfunded liability... :)

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, folks, I have a couple of unfunded liabilities I need to liquidate... if any wants to PM me with an offer, please do. Both lengths were originally bought from @edmorel , so quality is guaranteed!

• 3.5 meters of blue herringbone 100% cashmere, made in England. This is a lovely cloth, very soft hand, and the pale blue-grey and navy blue herringbone resolves to a delightful mid-blue.
  • 4 yards of navy Irish linen, 12oz weight. Exactly what you'd expect - a quality linen suiting.

I have no more details than this on the manufacturers and there is no named selvedge.

EDIT: both are now sold even before I got round to putting them on B&S. Apologies for using this thread as a sales thread. I had only meant to gauge intererest!

Last edited:

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest unfunded liabilities:

The Winter Tasmanian

Last edited:

p.henrik

Reaction score
Saw a fabric today in a surplus stock store that says fresco, not branded other than made in England (and possibly "hight twist" before fresco). It's a looser weave and softer than the Minnis fresco I've handled, more like hopsack. I though fresco was proprietary to Minnis? Any thoughts on what it is?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the qualities of Dugdale's New Fine Worsted vs. Harrison's Frontier? I met with Patrick Chu yesterday expecting to order a suit in Frontier which is good for fall/winter/spring here, but ended up choosing the Dugdale's. Now wondering if I made the correct choice.

hst

Reaction score
No experience with Frontier. But Dugdale NFW tailors well and holds the crease in the trousers etc. It is a good summer cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads