Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.
'Nother data point on the Armoury check:
This sort of pattern is relatively popular in s/s jacketing books. There is a quite similar pattern in Bateman Ogden's jacketing book, which is sold as Aimbry by Huddersfield Cloth.
Riviera was a great book indeed. I have two jackets out of it, and two further lengths to be made up. I would've gotten nearly the entire book if they hadn't discontinued it. Someone made a comment, a few pages ago, about how difficult it is to find decent light-weight jacketings that aren't very explicitly summery. Personally, I've been looking for quite a while for an interesting blue-but-not-blazer pattern for a travel sports coat. The Riviera had a gun club check that was ideal, but it was sold out before I could get a length. I'll try and dig up a picture of it, if anyone else would be interested in a remake. There just aren't enough nice citified odd jacketings out there...
Here are a few others from the same book.
Personally, I'm no huge fan of things that look like tweed being made in a summer finish/weight.
I'm going to see what it kooks like before i decide I'm definitely thing suit
If im not mistaken,Zegna had one in their s/s 2012 range that looks exactly like the armoury cloth.Will take pics at my tailor
Found two fabrics that look similar from Huddersfield Cloth's super 100s' jacketing book.
Oops. Haven't been checking this thread.
@jrd617, I'm out for the larger scale, still in for smaller scale if it happens.
And +1 for the Liverano gun club check
Would also be in for the Liverano summer gun club.
This is the blue Riviera gun club I'm still lusting after, if anyone still has a length or knows another book with a similar design.
I haven't heard back via pm but I want in for 3.5 meters of the barleycorn fabric.
That' was a nice cloth I remember gotten a sample of it and had intention of making it up but sadly they pull the plug on the Riviera book.
Deadline for getting in on the barleycorn order is now passed
Payment details coming via PM
Final count is 100.05 meters! Nice job guys
1. jrd617 in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
2. @jerrybrowne in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
3. @bertie in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
4. @virchow in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
5. @tchoy in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
6. @fassbinder in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
7. @C&A in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
8. @chobochobo in for 3.89 meters OUT
9. @Despos - in for 10 meters CONFIRMED
10. @gdl203 - in for 10 meters CONFIRMED
11. @bamboo in for 1.8 meters CONFIRMED
12. @sol123 in for 3.75 meters CONFIRMED
13. @Sotiris in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
14. @dopey in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
15. @Mark Seitelman in for 3 meters CONFIRMED
16. @archibaldleach in for 3 meters CONFIRMED
17. @boulito in for 15 meters CONFIRMED
18. @burghler in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
19. @NewYorkIslander in for 5 meters CONFIRMED
20. @Draizien in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
21. @griffon_id in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
22. @mattcritchlow in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
23. @smashingnd in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
23. @smashingnd in for 1.75 meters CONFIRMED
24. @gopherblue in for 2.5 meters CONFIRMED
25. @dennis101 in for 1.75 meters CONFIRMED
26. @Wallcloud in for 4 meters CONFIRMED
27. @Renton in for 3.5 meters CONFIRMED
The larger of the two is in the works. It's Holland and Sherry's 2014 ascot book. Both are 9oz
Some more cloth I bought. I'm a really big fan of red-and-blue ginghams. The camo cloth will also be turned into shirts. Depending on the perceived gag factor from your replies, I may even get one with a contrast collar.
Source for all of them was tessin.it.
Separate names with a comma.