• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It didn't start out as a cloth merchant but is beginning to look like one.

nerdoldnerdith

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a fabric that looks like this?

I have found a lot of similar types in gray, but in this seemingly special light blue and navy, I have had little to no luck.

Last edited:

Dib

Reaction score
I'm planning to order some fabrics from lesser, minnis and smiths - if there is anyone who could assist in getting these at lower prices could you please drop me a pm?

Many thanks in advance.

Dib

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also on the Fabric hunt. I posted these back in April and didn't get a response but ever the optimist, I'll try again.

I've recently seen 2 Navy fabric's with sky blue stripes. I like both and want to have a suit made from one of them. These are both from Canali suits. Not sure which suppliers they use for their mainline suits.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first venture into cream suiting.​

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
a 15 ounce cream suit is OK for Tom Wolfe, but who else wants to wear white in winter? :confused:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a 15 ounce cream suit is OK for Tom Wolfe, but who else wants to wear white in winter? :confused:

Life is full of fun.

I will let you know how it turns out Mr. Manton.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Life is full of fun.

I will let you know how it turns out Mr. Manton.

Maybe when I have 20 suits (though I don't think my closet will allow this to happen). This does remind me that I need a pair of cream flannel odd trousers for the winter.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Also on the Fabric hunt. I posted these back in April and didn't get a response but ever the optimist, I'll try again.

I've recently seen 2 Navy fabric's with sky blue stripes. I like both and want to have a suit made from one of them. These are both from Canali suits. Not sure which suppliers they use for their mainline suits.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

You can pretty much pick any mill, italian or english, look at there worsteds books and you will find a navy with blue stripe fabric. I have at least two of these in my H&S books and I've seen it in almost every worsteds book I pick up.

obama

Reaction score
Anyone has experience on John Foster merino wool silk linen mix? I handled it in my tailor shop on a cmt project. I like the casual look a lot and it is pretty wrinkle resistant. John Forster is not readily available in my place. Can anyone recommend a good alternative from books such as Minnis, Harrison, lesser? Best if it is less shinny than the John foster's one. Thanks.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe when I have 20 suits (though I don't think my closet will allow this to happen). This does remind me that I need a pair of cream flannel odd trousers for the winter.

I personally believes 5-6 work-friendly suiting will satisfy most occasions. I will be hitting 20 once all my unfunded goods are made up, that includes everything such as my new white ties and odd jackets.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone has experience on John Foster merino wool silk linen mix? I handled it in my tailor shop on a cmt project. I like the casual look a lot and it is pretty wrinkle resistant. John Forster is not readily available in my place. Can anyone recommend a good alternative from books such as Minnis, Harrison, lesser? Best if it is less shinny than the John foster's one. Thanks.

I suggest to look at ebay, in particular Royal Textiles.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fox Brothers has a khaki cotton serge that I'm interested in, and I've been advised that the cloth weighs 220/250g.

Am I wrong, or is this too light for a casual cotton jacket? I was thinking of having a shirt jacket or safari jacket made.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally believes 5-6 work-friendly suiting will satisfy most occasions. I will be hitting 20 once all my unfunded goods are made up, that includes everything such as my new white ties and odd jackets.

I'd agree absent seasonality concerns with the caveat that I don't wear a suit everyday (or most days). 20 was perhaps a slight exaggeration but I find I tend to do more "fun" things with my summer wardrobe. YMMV of course. I look forward to seeing pictures of that thing when the liability gets funded.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads