• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we are at 30 meters now, maybe a few more people and this might actually happen. Unbel, are you in or not?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why make up something from Breanish instead of going with something similar already made from the Moonbeam book? Do you prefer brown-cream to black-white?

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why make up something from Breanish instead of going with something similar already made from the Moonbeam book? Do you prefer brown-cream to black-white?

I've looked at what Moonbeam bunch has, the scale of plaid is not big enough. Moonbeam looks like a suiting to me, this PoW is much better for a sport coat.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Because Breanish is awesome!! Also, it is an undyed cloth, using the natural color of the wool to make the pattern. That is neat-o if you think that sort of thing is neat-o.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The scale of the Moonbeam is quite big. Are you saying this is even bigger?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because Breanish is awesome!! Also, it is an undyed cloth, using the natural color of the wool to make the pattern. That is neat-o if you think that sort of thing is neat-o.

I definately like the concept. I've thought about making a suit at some later date. But, I doubt the single ply Breanish will hold up as pants.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I definately like the concept. I've thought about making a suit at some later date. But, I doubt the single ply Breanish will hold up as pants.
I think that is right. I still have one of the early LL tweeds (the Gary Cooper run) in a very large scale black and white that is meant for either a suit or a topcoat but I have yet to get it made up. You should hunt for some pictures of that on the LL for ideas. Someone did a DB suit that looked great.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a SC made of "lanificio bottoli" wool that is undyed - I think the cloth is indeed rather neat-o. The colours have a rather special look that dyes cannot replicate.

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moonbeam pattern is smaller than this Breanish. Trust me, I have a length from Moonbeam but I won't be making it up. Pics for comparison:

Can you see the difference? Yes, the first one is larger.

So we are now at 57.5 meters, that's good work in just a few hours.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's the final call on the weight - 14oz. or 16oz.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics