Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

You went for the lighter, classic shade? I'm basically having an exact copy of this coat made up in the vicuna colored pure camel hair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

[​IMG] Why yes ... how did you guess? It appears he is whispering ... something about a sartorial matter no doubt.
    Not quite. Im actually just completing a spit take from seeing some of the cloths and clothing ideas on this thread [​IMG]

3. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

[​IMG]

Ugh, that overcoat is much too large for that guy. Easily2 sizes too large.

4. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Some great fabrics in this thread. Anyone know of any good online retailers for a reasonable price? Keep in mind I am a small timer compared to most in this thread!

5. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Taylor and Lodge for fall.

[​IMG]

I really like this fabric, can anyone recommend any books that have something similar, ideally that are carried by Chan?

6. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Some great fabrics in this thread. Anyone know of any good online retailers for reasonable? Keep in mind I am a small timer compared to most in this thread!
    Watching some of you share your knowledge about fabrics is very edumacational[​IMG]:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Not quite. Im actually just completing a spit take from seeing some of the cloths and clothing ideas on this thread [​IMG]

Watching some of you share your knowledge about fabrics is very edumacational[​IMG]:

Can you please be more specific and point to the specific cloths, clothing ideas, and misinformation in this thread? We understand that you are better than all of us, but sometimes we just want to know exactly why.

8. apropos

apropos Senior member

Can you please be more specific and point to the specific cloths, clothing ideas, and misinformation in this thread? We understand that you are better than all of us, but sometimes we just want to know exactly why.
    +1

I doubt he would though. At the end of the day, he's just a mean-spirited asshole, the sort who gets off on being the 'outsider', someone who enjoys standing at the sidelines throwing rocks, and who joyfully derides those who would enforce dogma while simultaneously doing the same.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

+1

I doubt he would though. At the end of the day, he's just a mean-spirited asshole, the sort who gets off on being the 'outsider', someone who enjoys standing at the sidelines throwing rocks, and who joyfully derides those who would enforce dogma while simultaneously doing the same.

FNB is quite popular nowadays...

10. gherrmann

gherrmann Senior member

IMHO, suit with extra trouser as I feel that with 3 pc or DB you would literally be covered in check

concur.

11. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is just trolling. You know you are not in the least bit interested in his opinion and you just want to trick him in to saying something so you can make fun of his bad taste or class anxiety.

Well the bunny is no fool. He is not marching into your trap.

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

This is just trolling.

Sniveling, really.

- B

13. Alias

Alias Senior member

Just received some Harrisons heavyweight charcoal grey birdseye from AndrewRogers. It looks great and nothing at all like a stuffy heavyweight fabric. I'll be funding this one as soon as I can because we're dropping back to single digit temperatures this coming weekend.

Some Minnis midweight navy blue (also from Andrew) is being turned into a two piece suit. The tailor offered to make a shirt shoulder. I dredged through my memory to recall some of what Manton had posted about its construction, and he really did seem to know how a proper one was made. Should be awesome.

14. kngrimm

kngrimm Senior member

Some really nice stuff arrived and all thanks to AndrewRogers...

All Minnis... tried the excelsior and savile row line - they feel very nice, although, the excelsior is verrryy light/fine. The Savile row has more weight to it.

The dark blue is moleskin and the rest are flannel (air force blue, charcoal, brown, blue spot effect)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

Recent acquisitions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Left pile: LBD Linings, silesia, buttons.
    Right pile, top to bottom: Hardy sand coloured linen (340gms), green/gray donegal Alsport tweed (600gms), brown herringbone with fine overcheck Alsport tweed (495gms) and creamy yellow moleskin (425gms), P&H green thick whale (705gms), wine mid whale (470gms) and rust thick whale (705gms) corduroy.

Yes, I do get cold easily.